Sad Truth

Naomi's POV:

It's the day of camping and everyone's excited, especially me. I have never been camping so it would be good to get a first time experience.

"I'm ready!" I heard Carmen shout from her room. She was the last person to get ready. She always is.

A few minutes later, we were driving in Kendall's car. He was driving when meanwhile, I sat next to Carmen and Aaliyah and in the back was Mason, Alexis and Cedric.

Carmen, who was uneasy, was looking out the window, but I could tell she wasn't happy.

"Carmen? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm good" She said trying to sound convincing but I knew what was worrying her.

"Listen, whatever movies you watch are bullshit. Movies are acting, real life is.. reality. Nothing bad is going to happen. And remember this experience won't seem like fun if you don't make it fun." I reassure her.

She did a soft chuckle at my last words to her. "Well I guess your right.." she said.

I was too tired to say anymore words and so was Carmen but she had other stuff on her mind. So instead I drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later...

I feel somebody poking my face. I open my eyes to see it's Kendall. Our faces were inches apart. I could feel every breath that he breathed on my cheek.
He slowly backed away and said "Finally, you're awake."

He, then walked away, leaving me speechless.

"Hurry up, the rest are already out." He shouted from the distance.

Well then, I thought. Putting on my backpack and making my way to the rest, I saw all the tents with the names tagged on.

They must have done it without me, it's my fault I slept off.

Naomi and Aaliyah
Cedric and Alexis
Mason and Kendall
Carmen

I was a bit shocked to see that Carmen would be staying on her own, considering her being anxious and all.

"Why are you on your own?" I asked Carmen.

"It's because I thought about what you said and your right, maybe I should have some fun every once in a while, without worrying about stuff."
She said, taking a deep breath afterwards.

Nodding quickly, I walked over to Aaliyah and I's tent. It was not big but there was enough space for the both of us.

I made my way inside the tent and sat down. Aaliyah was playing a game on her phone.
It wasn't long after when I drifted to sleep, again.

When I woke up, about 8pm, I saw that the wood for the fire was already there and they were getting ready to toast marshmallows.

I walked up to them and grabbed a stick the marshmallow on the end. They were no other spaces on the logs except for on Kendall's log.

I took a seat next to him, feeling Mason's eyes watching me closely. This is going to be beyond awkward.

I saw Aaliyah looking at me too, just silently laughing. Way to be a best friend Aaliyah, I thought.

We sat and ate marshmallows until we all felt sick. This wasn't awkward at all. Well that was before Aaliyah suggested we played truth or truth.

She said Cedric should go first which made me surprised.

"Do you think your relationship with Alexis can last forever?" Aaliyah said. She clearly didn't think of the consequence if Cedric said no.

"Yeah, obviously!" He said sounding overly enthusiastic.

When everyone said 'awww'. I saw Alexis looking uncomfortable like she wanted Cedric to say no.

Instead of moving on to something else entirely, Aaliyah asked Alexis if she wants their relationship to last forever.

"Do you want your relationship to last Alexis?"

Before Alexis replied I faked yawned and said "Wow it's getting late."

Luckily for Alexis, Aaliyah agreed and said "Okay, but it's not over!"

I watched Carmen go in her tent, I don't know I just had a.. what's it called a sort of bad feeling in my stomach.

I just thought it was the marshmallows.

Aaliyah and I got into our tents and started to talk about our favourite TV show, Hollyoaks.

Our eyes grew weary and we fell asleep. I would be lying if I said that I had a comfortable night sleep but I didn't, I heard noises but I was too scared to do anything. So I fell into a deeper sleep.

I woke up without Aaliyah by my side which was weird. didn't want to wake up until someone screamed.

I shot my eyes open and I saw Carmen's lifeless body

I shrieked out loud, waking up all the boys up.

"What the fuck!" Cedric said walking up to us.

"Oh shit!" He said immediately after.

Soon after, everyone was crowding around her, all the girls sobbed and weeped and the boys were devastated.

"Naomi?! Did you kill her???" Alexis shouted.

"Of course not, why would you even think that?!" I ask, making sure not to yell.

"Well cause her fucking body body was kind of next to you.. and.. I don't know!?" she said even louder

Soon after, everyone started to believe it was me.

To be the sensible person, I just walked away, if only I had the courage to go out in the night and see who it was who killed her.

This is far from over.

-

This chapter is soo short I'm very sorry. I forgot what to write and just went with it of the top of my head. I'll try to make the future chapters longer.

860 words