00 - prologue

Prologue

[ L O R E N ]

Towards the end of junior year, I'm scrolling through some of the most hilarious memes. Majority of them is relatable. I chuckle as I scroll to each meme one by one.

Meanwhile, I decide to change into my night clothes so I grab my new black crop top and my cute fluffy pink trousers. After that, I flop myself on my bed, punch the play button on my Xbox controller and began watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix.

A few minutes later, I hear a knock on the door, I was about to get up but then I could hear loud footsteps approaching, 'I'll get that!' Rye yells. I groan and roll my eyes, why does Rye have to do that every single day?!

So, I sit back down and try to make myself comfortable again. You could tell that I am confused but I couldn't care less so I shrug my shoulders as I punch the play button on my Xbox controller again.

Meanwhile, I could hear murmurs in my brother's room, I groan as I walk to his room. As soon as I open the door, I hear loud gunshots and I see Rye and Harvey staring at the screen. Harvey puts his hands through his hair and turns his head, he smirks at me.

'What do you want, Loren?' Rye scoffs.

'Could you guys reduce your volume like low as a rodent?' I sigh, sounding very annoyed as I pinch the bridge of my nose.

'Fine whatever.' they both reply then completely ignore me.

'Ugh boys.' I state under my breath as I leave the room, making my way to the kitchen.

As I arrive in the kitchen, I respire deeply as I see cutlery in the sink. I don't bother washing it as it is Rye's turn so I open the fridge, deciding what to have. After my three minutes of pondering, I hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

So I grab a bowl of strawberries and an ice cream box out. I then take a knife from the drawers and start cutting the strawberries.

'You know you need to wash the cutlery.' I mumble as I chop up the strawberries and adding it to the bowl. I can hear a small chuckle but that chuckle is unrecognizable so I look up to see a tall, green-eyed boy smirking at me. Harvey.

'Oh, I thought you were Rye.' I stutter as I gaze at his incredibly gorgeous face.

'Nah It's cool. So how are you?' he spoke up smiling at me, leaning on the wall.

'I'm good.' I answer as I scoop up the ice cream and adding it into the bowl. This is awkward. VERY awkward.

'Cool' he says as he looks down at the table, 'oo strawberries!' he smiles widely, showing his sweet little dimples as he picks one and bites the juiciest part then throws the crown in the trash. He then winks at me and took off. I bite my lips, he is cute!

I don't know how to express my feelings for him. Should I tell him? Or not? No, He is your brother's best friend! Oh god, I need help!!

I sigh as I make my way up to my room, carrying a bowl of strawberries and ice cream. As I reach there, I carefully put my bowl on my desk. I quickly grab my phone from the floor and decide to post a picture.

loren

Liked by ryebeech, hrvy and 230,990 others

yes. I dragged my mirror all the way in front of my window to take this photo with good lighting
view all 100 comments

ryebeech I swear I heard something strange while I was playing. 🤔
*loren liked ryebeech's comment*
loren ryebeech 🙄

fan1 i love you

brooketaylorkier my wig is snatched you're literally pwefeft
*loren liked brooketaylorkier's comment*
loren brooketaylorkier LOVE U

hrvy hey beautiful. 😏
*loren liked hrvy's comment*
loren hrvy hello there. 🤗
*hrvy liked loren's comment*

account2 queen.
---
After my two minutes of spamming on Instagram, I sigh as I put my phone on the desk and slowly shut my eyes. I already feel zonked, it's 4 pm and I am still in bed, STILL wearing my pj's.

And almost ten minutes of snoozing, I slowly open my eyes and decide to check my phone. I quickly grab my phone and hit the home button to turn it on noticing a few messages from Brooke.

Brooke: loren

Brooke: are you busy?

Brooke: lorennn

Brooke: why am I even asking? I know you are either watching 13rw or sleeping. 

Brooke: can I come over?

Brooke: i rlly don't wanna be home, especially since lucas is locked in his bedroom doing who knows what.

Brooke: therefore i have no one else to bother

Brooke: except you of course

Brooke: but yet you aren't answering my messages

Brooke: which proves you're fUCKING SLEEPING.

Brooke: screw it I'm coming over.

I checked the time the messages were sent before I reply realising they were sent almost 15 minutes ago.

Brooke would be here any second, most likely just walking since she only lives a few blocks away.

And almost as if on cue, the doorbell rang, this time me being the one running down the stairs to open the door.

'I'm guessing you just read your messages, which does not surprise me at all,' Brooke remarks, hardly greeting me as she brushes past me and heads up the stairs to my bedroom.

She practically lives here so it is normal for her to just barge in as if no big deal.

---
Hey! Hope you guys enjoyed the prologue! Make sure you have notifications on whenever I update a chapter which will come every two days.

If you have any questions, or if you have any concerns, feel free to dm me or comment on it and I'll try my best to answer it - as you know that I could be busy in the majority of the days which includes studies, or family issues but I will inform you guys.

Word count: 1019