01

Chapter 1

[ L O R E N ]

I walk into my room, locking the door behind me, finding Brooke lounging on my beanbag chair with her feet kicked up on my bed and her eyes glued on her phone tapping away on the keyboard.

'Nice outfit' she comments, not looking up from her screen.

I look down at my black crop top and pink trousers that I am wearing for bed.

'Well if I had known you were coming ahead of time, I'd probably be dressed more appropriately'

'Uh, I texted you 15 minutes before I got here exact. That was plenty of time'

I roll my eyes and cross my arms together.

'So, who're you texting?' I ask, plopping down on my bed and propping my head up on my hand, 'Another secret lover?'

'Ew, as if. It's Lucas asking where I am' she sighs.

Both me and Brooke jump up, startled by aggressive muffled shouting across the hall.

'Dude, I fucking knew they were going to win!'

'Leo so owes me $30!'

'Who else is here?' Brooke questions, referring to the conversation coming from Rye's room.

'The one and only' I sigh in annoyance.
---
Me and Brooke spend an hour watching an episode and a half of 13 Reasons Why.

'I can't believe you consider this the best tv show, this is like the worst tv show ever!'

'What? It's heartbreaking, you just have no heart." I retort in defense.

'I really do not care, Lor.'

I roll my eyes, 'You're the worst.'

'Yeah, I know. But anyway, can you like feed me now? I've been here for over an hour and your guest of honor is starving.'

I groan, getting up from my bed, 'Fine, I'll be right back.'

I lumber down the stairs and tread over to the kitchen, opening the fridge to scan for some snacks.

I couldn't find anything appeasing so I carefully close the fridge. I start opening the food cabinet to scan for some snacks to have at 7 pm in the evening.

Moments later, I hear footsteps approach the kitchen as I begin reaching for BBQ flavored Lays chips, opened by two scavengers.

'I told you I was gonna be right back with a snack,' I mutter, looking for a bowl as I pour some chips in the bowl.

'Cool, what're we having?' A not-so-soft voice asks and I immediately turn to find the one person I tend to admire each time he's around, leaned against the counter, smirking at me.

Harvey.

Rye's best friend since kindergarten year except I didn't meet him until his 2nd grade year which was also my kindergarten year. Now here we are, 12 years later and they're still friends.

Except, ever since we first met, things suddenly changed.

When I got to know Harvey, he was beyond caring, like he was my older brother. So caring I eventually developed a massive crush on him. I was practically in love with him and he may or may not have felt the same way as he sees me as his little sister.