03

Chapter 3

[ H A R V E Y ]

My grin fade as Loren shuts the house door. I can't seem to determine what my feelings are really going on but then for a minute, I realize I actually like her. I think I liked her from when we were really young, maybe around 8 or 9 years old.

I know 12 years of me only having eyes on Loren is crazy, and I always wanted to have a quality time with her and being able to ask her out but the main problem I have to be more cautious is her brother, my best mate Rye.

Rye is a caring brother, after all these years of being his mate, he has been taking good care of her while their parents were at work, and he doesn't like when someone can be really unpleasant to her which shows he is really protective.

I remember when I was about 13, I was really desperate to ask her out but I had to leave it because I have this feeling Rye wouldn't like it and it would be weird for him to hear that I am dating his little sister.

And now here I am, still struggling to find a way to make Rye understand and be like a tiny bit protective of her instead of being over the top.

Suddenly Rye interrupts my thoughts, 'hello, asshole number 1!'

I scowl at him and roll my eyes as I quickly finish my breakfast. I sluggishly put my plate in the sink full of other plates and soapy water.

'Oi! Harvey, you know you need to give me 5 dollars if I wash your murky plate.' Rye moans while scrubbing the plates thoroughly, getting the sticky syrup off.

'Yeah yeah, whatever.' I say in a 'can't be bothered' tone, wafting my hand in the air as I walk away to Rye's bedroom.
- - -
I went to sit on a vibrant beanie bag and grab my phone which was sitting on a table.

I open Instagram and decide to post something I took yesterday.
hrvy