06

Chapter 6

[ L O R E N ]

'Would you rather kiss Robert Downey Jr or Leonardo DiCaprio?' Brooke asks, tapping me on my shoulder.

'Definitely Leonardo!' I squeal in excitement, giving Brooke a high five.

'I swear you guys are disgusting that man is like 50 years old,' Lucas says with a sour expression, eyes never leaving the road but I can see his expression through the rearview mirror.

'Oh my god,' I exclaim, 'First of all, he's 44, second of all, I would rather kiss the younger Leo.'

The whole car ride consists of laughing about Lucas' joke stories and Brooke being as herself.

Finally, we make it to Zach's. We manage to park a few blocks from the party and walk from there. Maybe it is just me, but I swear I could feel the increasing tension in the atmosphere around us as we walk closer to the place. I felt like I was suffocating. I felt like Brooke's mood was brought down a bit as well as Lucas' and if their moods weren't great, no one would have a good time.

Eventually, I was relieved and a little taken back by Brooke slinging her arm around Lucas as they walk ahead.

'Lucas, you know I love you, right? You're a bit a fucking bitch but that doesn't change the fact you're my step-brother.'

Lucas keeps his arms tightly cross against his chest as he begins to speak, 'if this is your form of apology, you really suck at it.' he shrugs Brooke's arm off his shoulder, and take long strides as he makes it to the lawn of the party.

Brooke stops in her tracks and I manage to catch up, stopping beside her, cupping her mouth with her hands as she shouts toward Lucas's direction, 'You still da one, bro!'

Lucas turns his head toward Brooke, rolling his eyes as he enters the house, me laughing as Brooke links our arms and drags me into the house as well.

- - -

What felt like hours, I was beginning to grow tired and weary. The clamorous music coming from the living room filling my ears as I try to refrain from perceiving the booming sounds. I'd move away but the only thing keeping me guarded was Thomas standing between my legs as they dangled from the corner I was sitting on top off next to Brooke.

Thomas being the social king himself, he talked relentlessly as I sat here, my arms thrown over his shoulders, only laughing when there was a joke in the conversation.

After two cups of soda, I whispered in Thomas's ear to move so I can excuse myself. He only nodded, continuing to talk away with the group of people surrounding us.

I push and shove a bit with the many bodies bumping and grinding to the beat of insane music. My head and heart to the beat of the music, not focusing on where I'm going. Until then, I bump into someone, 'Ugh sorry.' I startle as I look up to see Harvey smiling.

'Uh, yeah I'm sorry,' Harvey mumble as he scans the floor for something, 'I seem to accidentally drop my phone. Have you seen it?'

I shake my head as I scan the floor too, 'no sorry,' I turn to find a black iPhone X on the side of the stairs so I walk to grab it. 'It's there.'

I crouch down to pick it up and give it to Harvey. His fingers brush against mine, I begin feeling a chill down my spine.

'Thanks, Lor.' He says in his thick British accent, smiling.

I stare at his smile and daydreaming, not realizing that we are having a seven second of eye contact. Then Rye out of nowhere drunkenly yells in his low voice, 'BEER PONG!!'

I turn to him as he took his shirt off and wafting it in the air. I roll my eyes and mutter, 'jeez my brother everyone.'

Harvey calls out Rye's name as he turns and runs towards us like a puppy, 'dude how much shots did you have?' he says avoiding the rank smell on Rye.

'Wot mate? YAHHH YEETTTT IM SO DRUNK!!' Rye cackles in a weird way. He whistles when the popular girls from my school walk past him.

'I'm gonna get some fresh air.' I state as I plaster a fake smile and walk to the back garden.

I gotta admit that Zach's back garden is actually beautiful. I mean there's a big swimming pool at the centre and at the corner is a path to the tropical-like pond there. I smile and decide to wander around.

I walk past people casually talking and flirting. As soon as I reach the path, Harvey follows me and says in amazement, 'wow that's very pretty.'

'Me or the tropical looking pond?' I question, sounding dubious as I stand there fidgeting around with my fingers.

'I was going to say that pond but yeah you too.' He smiles with a wink. I actually find that cute to be honest.

'Um, do you want to wander around with me?' I ramble not knowing what I just said. Harvey smirks at me, 'ahaha of course.'

I quickly smile showing my teeth. I couldn't help but crack my knuckles as we walk.

As we reach the pond, I bend down to look at the colourful fish swimming around rapidly. I slowly put my whole hand under water until the fish swims over to nibble my pinkie finger.

I giggle at first but realizing that Harvey is here right next to me, I start to blush red tomato cheeks.

'Awe don't blush Loren. Your giggle is cute.' he compliments as he helps me to get up.

[ H A R V E Y ]

This place is perfect for me to tell her that I actually have feelings for her. But what if she doesn't feel the same way? What if it goes wrong? No, be a strong lad and give your emotions out!

I clear my throat as I hold both Loren's hand together, 'uh Loren, I have to confess something..' my heart pounds so hard as I struggle to finish until Loren says, 'yes what is it, Harvey?'

I swallow saliva, 'I have f—' Rye interrupts me by falling into the lake, soaking me and Loren. 'I'm sooo fucked up!!' He screams, cheering while sleeping.

'Oh jeez. I should help him since he's my brother.' she says as she grabs the rim of his bottoms.

'Oi oi, who are you? I have a girlfriend bish,' Rye snaps, 'do not touch me you hoe.'

'Alright, I'll do it.' I say as I help him up as he stands there not in balance.

'Oooooo Har-hic. Harveyyy my best friend! I luvvv youuuuuu.' Rye hiccups as he exhales his alcohol smell to my face. I try to not breathe all of it in as it is disgusting.

'Right, Rye you're going in.' I sigh as I look at Loren who is laughing with her hands covering her mouth.

I smile at her...

- - - -

Oooo I see their bonding is growing hehe. I got a feeling that you readers are shipping them so hard.

But thank you for your time reading my story and more importantly enjoying it. :)

This is dedicated to a close friend of mine StarryBlankEyes thank you for giving me this idea x

Please don't forget to vote and comment any queries or anything as I will be returning x

- storm