Chapter 1 - Two can play that game

"I'd be more than happy to, love," the owner of the shoes addressed me in a heavy British accent. I narrowed my eyes and backed up to face him. When my sight touched his face, I lost my voice. He looked too familiar. It took me a moment to take in all his beautiful features, trying to remember who he is, that moment was all he needed for his smile to turn into a smirk. 

"I was about to apologize, but I'm definitely not doing that now," I said to him and took a step to round him. 

"You started it," the smirk still on his face.

"I was talking to my phone!" I exhaled furious. Who the hell does he think he is? 

"That can work too," he replied. I narrowed my eyes and took another step.

A couple of other guys were with him as I noticed; now shaking their heads in amusement. One was standing to his left, tall, cute face as well with light brown hair. Familiar face too.

The first one had a lot of tattoos, so am guessing they are in a band? Damn! Where'd I've seen them? I can't remember! I took a glance of the rest of them; my eyes caught the figure of the churlish one and quickly looked forward. This guy has issues!

I had to pass through them if I wanted to leave. But the brown haired one spoke before I took another step.

"Actually, you bumped onto me," he half smiled.

"Oh, in that case am very very sorry" I looked at him with a sincere apologetic smile. "And am sorry about your friend too," I said looking at his obnoxious friend, who was smiling and looking at me straight in the eye. I didn't except that and as soon as my eyes met his; I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks. 

"I'm sorry too," he smiled and turned to look at him, to avoid his friend "But, yours accepted only if you can tell us where to find a decent coffee shop around here," he said looking around at the crowded street.

"Good thinking bruv," another one of the guys spoke, he had the shortest hair of them all and one of those earrings that gives me the creeps. 

"Um..." I trail thinking looking past them "I know some places, though you have to walk a little," I smiled at him. I could still feel the dark haired guy looking at me. 

"How long it's «a little»?" another one asked- he's much taller that all of them- as they round me. 

"I'm not really good at giving verbal directions," I frowned "but I can draw," I smiled as one of them sighed in frustration.

"Get to work then!" the owner of the creepy earring said and made me laugh.

"Easy Mattie," the tall laughed too, as I opened my bag.

"Cover up boys, she's using her bag again," the brown haired backed up and everyone started laughing. 

"You're funny aren't you?" I scoffed and took out my notebook and pen. I started drawing but soon enough I lost the sunlight from above me as they towered over me "Seriously, you're making me claustrophobic," I said looking up at them. Only the dark haired tattooed guy wasn't in the circle. He was standing a step behind them, turned to my direction and looking at me with his hands in his tight jeans. 

"Can't you just show us?" the impatient one asked. 

"Em...sure?" I responded. 

"Only if you don't have someplace to be right now," the brown haired boy said. I'm starting to like this kid.

"No, I was just going shopping. Tops can wait for 20 minutes," I laughed and closed the notebook.

"Let's walk then," someone said and we started walking towards I was heading before my phone made that entire scene.