Chapter 6 - Temporarily pacify this hungering

"I've been meaning to ask you something," he said as we ordered to the waitress that was eating him with her eyes.

"Yes?" I said waiting, ignoring the waitress. I saw him wincing, trying to form the question. His mobile vibrated on the table, but he ignored it.

"I saw the way you respond to Curtis," he began, his fingers fidgeting on the table "and it made me wonder"

"Hm?" I decided to play dumb.

"Yesterday, when Curtis made you a compliment you turned all red and flashy," he said

"Yeah," I nodded feeling awkward.

The waitress came back with our order so he stopped talking; reaching for his mobile and replied to the text he got. I took a sip of my coffee looking at his gorgeous face and waiting. I didn't want to ask him to go on; pressing my luck.

Once the waitress left, he placed his mobile back on the table and looked back at me.

"You don't respond that way to me," he accused "Why?" his voice demanding.

"You're different," I simply said, eating a piece of my cake I've ordered.

"Meaning?" his voice still demanding. I took a sip of my coffee.

"First of all, loose the attitude," I said irritated; he leaned back on his chair, crossing his hands in front of his chest.

"That's your idea of laying back?" I accused him, as his body language was still demanding.

"Fine," he exclaimed and relaxed his posture.

"Thank you," I said but I was cut off as Curtis and the tall Matt joined us.

He seemed irritated that his question didn't get answered but didn't say anything.

"Hello doll," Curtis greeted me, sitting beside me; at that moment I knew exactly what Oliver meant. I didn't blush but my response was definitely different; a shy smile formed onto my lips.

"Hey," I said back, trying to keep my face even as I felt Oliver's eyes on my face. He was staring at me. I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks. I narrowed my eyes. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table and his chin on his palm but I could still see him smirking.

I tilt my head to the side; biting my bottom lip. I saw his eyes resting on my lips; but only for a moment.

"We're going clubbing tonight," I heard Curtis telling me "Bring a girlfriend," he finished grinning.

"[i]I[/i] have to come in order to bring a girlfriend," I said, leaving Oliver's stare. Curtis looked confused and looked twice between Oliver and me. Suddenly he smirked.

"You'll come," Oliver said, the smirk always on his face as he meant for me to catch the meaning behind his actual words. Both Curtis and Matt chuckled.

"You're being very obnoxious right now," I snorted narrowing my eyes at him; his smile widened.

I got up, saying goodbye to Matt and Curtis and like the first day I've met them; Oliver got up too. I didn't ask him what he wanted bebecause I already knew, so I walked out the cafeteria; him walking a step behind me.

I stopped a few meters away from the exit and turned around to face him. He had his hands in his jeans pockets; looking at me.

"Yes..?" I trailed.

"We left something unfinished."

"Mm yeah," I was hoping he would let go.

"So, let's go," he said walking past me