4 - sick day

~

look at the happy couple!
*camera click*

~

"kenzie! we are leaving in 10 minutes!" melissa called out to her daughter from the bottom of the stairs.

"shit." mackenzie muttered under her breath and quickly got up from her bed to get ready.

stumbling to her closest, she picked out her outfit which consisted of a pair of black leggings and a comfy navy blue sweatshirt. after getting dressed, mackenzie ran to her bathroom to put on some makeup.

she brushed through her brows before filling them in with her dip brow, then applying mascara to her lashes and lastly, for the final touch, she added a light layer of lip gloss to her lips. satisfied with her appearance she moved onto hair.

"5 minutes!" her mother called out.

parting her hair down middle, mackenzie skillfully braided her into two dutch braids. as she finished tying the elastic on her last braid, she walked to her dresser and picked up her perfume, spritzing it on her neck and wrists.

with a minute left to spare, mackenzie raced down the stairs and hopped into her mom's car. melissa didn't waste time and sped off to the orlando's house.

fifteen minutes later mackenzie was waiting on the doorstep of her two best friend's house. lauren excitedly opened the door and greeted mackenzie before dragging her up to her room.

"i'm so excited for tonight!" the blonde grinned, "we're going to have so much fun."

mackenzie laughed at lauren, this girl was a ball of energy.

"speaking of we, where's johnny boy?" she questioned.

"is kenzie missing her boyfriend?" lauren teased, causing mackenzie's cheek to turn bright red. "oooh somebody's blushing!"

bringing her hands to her face she turned away, "am not! but actually where is he?"

lauren was now making her way to the bathroom so she could start getting ready. the three were going to see hayden since it was his last night in canada. lauren was especially happy to see him.

"i think he's in his room but i'm not sure. you can go look, i'll be finished in like half an hour."

it was mackenzie's turn to tease her, "is lolo trying to impress her boyfriend?!"

mackenzie ran out of the room before lauren could attack. the girl was sweet, but she was also feisty and you didn't want to see her wrath.

walking to the end of the hallway to johnny's room, mackenzie knocked on the door expecting him to answer. when he didn't, she slowly opened it and found johnny laying in his bed. his face was pale and he didn't look like his usual self.

he was noticeably sick and he was also noticeably shirtless. ignoring that part, mackenzie went to the edge of his bed and brought her hand to his shoulder, lightly shaking it to wake him up. not long after his eyelids flickered opened revealing his dazzling green eyes.

"kenz?" his voice sounding even more raspy than usual and his eyes struggling to stay open.

"yeah it's me," mackenzie grinned and lightly brushed the hair from his forehead back. her smile dropped when she felt how hot his fore head was.