13

(PoV: Sonic)

  I couldn't believe it was the weekend already. I ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my quills. I washed up and then ran into my room to change. Shadow hadn't slept over so I didn't have to worry about waking him. Okay I need to dress nice. Something that's also suitable for the grasslands. It's been so long since I've been out of this city, I can't wait. I picked out my clothes and waited for him to come pick me up.

"Is that what you're wearing?" Tails asked.

"Y-yeah," I looked down at the shirt and jeans I picked out.

"Get back up stairs, I'm helping you," he commanded and I ran back up.

(PoV: Shadow)

  Sonic would be waiting by now. I spritzed a little cologne and adjusted the collar of my shirt. I folded up the arms, double checked my quills, grabbed a bag I packed, then left to pick up my little rain drop.

  When I got to his door a rung the bell waiting for an answer. The twin tailed kit answered.

"Oh you're here early," he said, "could you wait on the couch for a bit? Sonic just needs a little help."

"Sure," I sat down on their couch, Tails ran up the stairs and I heard a bit of commotion.

"Tails I-I don't know. M-maybe I sh-should change back?" I heard Sonic say.

"It's too late, he's already here. Hurry up a get down stairs," I walked to the stairs once I heard Tails mention my precanse.

  Sonic had little shorts on with a tank top and sneakers.

"Why would you change out of something like that?" I asked scaring him.

"Shadow!" He fell back.

"Great hurry up and get him out of the house before she breaks down," Tails walked past me.

"You look amazing," I picked him and carried him outside.

"I-I don't know, y-you're the one w-who look am-azing," he blushed with his ears pinned back.

"Sonic," I lifted his chin and kissed him, "Don't ever deny your beauty."

"O-okay," he had a sheepish smile on his face.

"Close the door is you're going to do that with me here!" The yellow-orange kit shouted.

  I closed the door and walked Sonic into the city. He was looking around, but didn't seem very interest. Once we reached the edge of the city his eyes lit up like a galaxy in the night sky. He ran staring into the field pulling me with him. The city vanished behind us as trees and nature surround my lover.

  I love the smile on his face, and how cheery he was.

(PoV: Sonic)

  I fell in love with this place as soon as we got here. I loved the bright grass, how much sunnier it was. How Shadow's quills shined in the sunlight. I loved it all. It was a million times better sharing it with Shadow.

  I didn't want to run. I wanted to be with Shadow here, and I was. I loved the smell of the grass and the flowers. I laid down in a bed of flowers. White with purple edges, soft petals and a yellow center. Click! Shadow had brought his camera. He always had his camera. He took pictures of me in the grass, the flowers, practicly anywhere.

"Sonic, how are you enjoying our date?" He asked, still holding the camera.

"I love it. It's amazing," I sang.