Chapter 10

"Hey,".

That voice, that damn voice was going be the death of me.

I turned to him. He was stood there awkwardly. "Go away I don't wanna speak to you," I huffed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"No I wont go away, Warren told me what you said," He spoke softly and hesitantly as though he thought at anytime I would explode. I groaned as I rubbed my eyes. Why would Warren do that. He was quiet for a moment before he lightly grabbed both my hands, intertwining our fingers and pulling me in his direction.

"I want you to know I was checking out that girl," He began but I pulled my hands away and turned my back to him. A single tear rolled down my cheek. What was wrong with me why did I care so damn much!

"But I promise Jamie not in that way," He finished slowly.

"Oh yeah cause you were checking her out in a fucking medical view, is that what it was? Is that why you eyes were inspecting ever part of her perfect body? " I asked quietly my voice cracking.

I turned and looked at him, he looked awkward, like he didn't want to be here right now. "I promise it was not in the 'oh she's hot' kinda way," He said a little more powerful this time. I turned to him, a small smirk on my face. He looked confused.

"So you agree she is hot?" I asked, amused. He started to open and close his mouth like a goldfish. I burst into laughter.

"So your not mad at me?" He asked unsure what to say. I thought about it. If he promised me it wasn't in that way I will believe him, 10k wouldn't lie to me.

"No I am still mad, but....I'm sorry for over reacting." I said calmly as I walked back over to him.

"You don't need to be sorry, I snapped at a random guy for going near you," He laughed nervously. What did this mean? Was he jealous too?

"So you were jealous," I asked, wiggling my eyebrows like Addy had done earlier. A huge grin spread across his cheeks and he winked at me.

The doors swung open and the girl 10k was staring at earlier strutted out. "Wow just great," I mumbled as I kicked a stone. 10k just smiled and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers again. I smiled as my heart started beating faster and faster. "Something was going on earlier and I think her and her friends are up to something, c'mon," He whispered as he pulled me forward to follow the girl.

We snuck around the side of the building hand in hand, and crouched behind a bush to watch her. She had pulled something out of the wooden cross I narrow my eyes as I try to see what it is. I see the sunlight glint off of the metal. "10k that's a knife!" I whisper-shouted at him. He just nodded but stayed where he was. She took the knife to her own throat.

"10k we cant let her do this," I whispered as I jumped up. 10k pulled me back down, and I scowled at him. "She's gonna kill herself!" I exclaimed a little louder but he shushed me. I sat there, stunned at the scene in front of me. The young girl had killed herself and she was mid bite on the guards neck.

"We could have stopped that!" I argued at 10k as I got up to run over to her. The guard was now turning as he seized on the floor. I wasted no time. I flung the girl onto the floor and stepped over to the guard. Before he could get up, I stomped on his head. My foot just slipped the first time, he was freshly turned so he wasn't as easy to kill. I lifted my leg higher and stamped harder. My foot sank into his brain, I turned to throw up. I emptied what little food that was in my stomach and I turned back to the man.

"I give you mercy," I whispered. I turned ready to fight the girl but 10k had already caved in her head. He ran over to me. "Get the truck and meet us around back," He said pointing to the track that twisted to the back of the compound.

"Okay, be careful 10k," I whispered and started towards the truck. 10k's hand pulled me back and into a hug. I was shocked but I didn't pull away. I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"In case I don't make it, I um well I like you too." He stuttered awkwardly. I looked at him and he was blushing a bright red. I buried my head in his chest again. My heart exploded and the butterflies in my stomach made me nauseas but I was happy. "You will make it.".

I slipped out of the gate and headed straight for the truck but I stopped dead in my tracks. Our weapons. I switched direction to the little building beside the gate. I threw open the door and grabbed the several trays of weapons. I could only carry 3 at a time so I had to make 3 trips. Both of 10ks trays were 5 times heavier then anyone else's. I slid the trays into the bed of the truck and grabbed my pistol and a hunting knife. I jumped in the front seat and searched for the keys, they were stashed inside the glove box.

I slammed the car into drive and started around the track. I heard gunshots and screams so I sped up. I skidded to a stop behind a few trees. I grabbed the bolt cutters and ran over to the fence. I saw dead bodies and blood but I needed to focus on cutting this fence. I snipped at the fence until there was a hole large enough for a person to slip through. I whistled loudly and Addy saw me. I saw 10k on the roof and waved him down. He stood up and disappeared momentarily, reappearing out of a door from the side of the building.

He grabbed Doc and Warren and they joined me, Addy and Mac in the truck. "Kid get us out of here," Doc demanded. I slammed down on the gas until Warren shouted at me to stop.

I slowed down to a stop and she took 10k's sniper. 10k took my hand discreetly, I glanced up at him confused at what was going on. He looked at me sadly before looking back to Warren. She aimed the sniper before whispering, tears rolling down her face," Charles Garnett, I give you mercy,".

BANG.

✔️