Chapter Three

Chapter 3

Once I pulled into my driveway I noticed my moms car already parked. It was only 4:30, what was she doing home? I hopped out of my car and slowly made my way inside.

"Mom? are you home?" I shouted into my small beach house.

"In the kitchen!" She yelled right back.

I dropped all of my stuff down by the door and made my way into the kitchen, only to find my mother standing next to her computer with her arms crossed.

"Uh, what are you doing home so early?" I asked nevious of the answer

"Well I was at my new job and got an email saying that you got detention for texting and being disrespectful in class."

"Oh, that...mom please don't be mad, I made some really good friends and one of them texted me so we were talking and I got caught, but I was not being disrespectful!" I whine.

"Well I don't know if I should punish you or not.." My mom was definitely not a strict mother and I very rarely got into trouble so she never punished me.

"Mom i'm sorry I promise I will never do it again, but i'm hanging out with someone later, so can we please forget about it?" I said making my eyes big and sticking out my bottom lip.

"Hmm, fine. but I want you back by ten because it is a school night." She gave in with a smile.

"Thanks so much! You're the best mom ever!" I yelled as I gave her a hug and ran upstairs to my bedroom.

I hopped onto my bed and pulled my phone out of my pocket, it read One new message from kyle.

From Kyle- Hey Alex :)

I immediately started to reply,

To Kyle- Heyy!

From Kyle- So I was thinking you could come over to my house and we could eat dinner and watch a movie???

To Kyle- sounds great! what time?

From Kyle- I'll see you at 6?

To kyle- perfect!

After kyle replied with his address I immediately started to get ready by touching up on my makeup and changing into more comfortable clothes, that were still cute. As I was finishing up It was a little past five thirty, which should be perfect timing. I was still new to the area but I pretty sure his house is only 10 minutes away.I grab a purse that matches my outfit and head downstairs.

"Bye mom, I'm going to a friends house." I shouted as I walked toward the door

"Bye hon have a good time!" she shouts back.

I quickly climb into my jeep and make my way to Kyle's house, well I guess Kyle and Harry's house. When I pull to the address, I see a very pretty white house right on the beach. The house is not too big, but not too small, probably the perfect party house. I jump out of my jeep and knock on the door.

"Hey Alex!" Kyle says as he greets me at the door.

"Hey." I reply with a smile

"Well come on in."

He gently grabs my hand as he pulls me into his home. The inside is a typical beach house, but a lot cleaner than I thought it would be. The kitchen and living room connect by a bar and from the living room is a small hallway that connects with a couple different rooms. I see stairs in the corner of the living room but i'm not sure what they lead to.

"Well this is my place, I asked Harry to leave so we could be alone but he refused and we agreed that as long as he stays in his room i'd be fine with it. Is that okay with you?" Kyle asks as I still have my eyes scanning his place.