Chapter 72

Maggie's POV:
„Not so fast..." he shouts, stumbling after me. I run into my room, locking it behind me before catching my breath. I look around my room desperately, the lit up screen of my phone catches my attention.

"Shawn" Why is he calling me? Suddenly loud bangs on the door are audible, making me jump. „You can't run away!" he yells, banging his fists against the wood. Shivers run down my spine as the door keeps cracking with every punch.

Is he able to break though? What is he going to do if he reaches me? I have to get out of here.... I run to the window in my room, trying to pull it up but it's locked.

"Shit. No. No. No. he locked it." I curse under my breath. His punches getting heavier, the wood cracking louder. What am I supposed to do? Shawn! He just called so he's going to pick up right? I quickly grab my phone and click on his contact name.

"Come on pick up please..." I whisper, hiding in a corner behind my bed. „You have five seconds to open this damn door! Just wait till I get to you..." he yells, now kicking against the already cracked wood. My heart pounding so fast against my chest that I'm afraid it will jump out any moment.

"5....4..." he shouts. Shawn doesn't pick up so I call him again. „Please..." I whimper. „3....2...." Finally I hear the voice I was missing so much. „Hello?" he asks. One final bang and the door lock of the door breaks. It swings open and Aron comes stumbling in.         

"S-shawn." I whisper, before I get pulled onto my feet by my hair, making me cry out in pain. „Please-." I try to say but my breath gets stuck in my throat as my back collides with the walls harshly.

Aron kicks my phone away which was laying on the floor, now turning his attention back to me. „You really think he can save you?" Aron laughs bitterly . His eyes were literally dark. Stumbling he approaches me to hold me against the wall.

His right hand reaching out but I could dodge the punch. I kicked against Aron shins, so he lets me go but he couldn't care less. Before I could kick somewhere else, he takes me by my collar and pushes me against the shelf, causing me to hit my head.

My sight got blurry as I could feel a warm liquid on the back of my head.   
A gasp escaping my lips as I touch my it. It's blood. „I should have ended this way sooner. I mean I'm just doing everyone a favor. You only cause problems." he says, towering above me.

Tears are running down my cheek as he starts to kick me. I squeeze my eyes shut, praying that Shawn noticed that something is wrong. He's my only chance. My hands are trying to hide my head but I could feel how I'm getting weaker with every kick.

"Soon you can visit your mom." he mutters, taking a step back. What? What does he mean? How... she isn't right? No. She can't be. Before he could reach out for me again, I put all my strength together to stumble past him. I can't just lay there.

Why isn't Shawn coming? What if he isn't even on his way? „Don't run Maggie. You know you can't" Aron yells after me. I could hear his heavy footsteps behind me as I stumble into the music room.

And now? „ Your mom's favourite place. Good choice." he says still slurring a bit. I slide down the wall, knowing that I can't hide anywhere. Please let this be over soon. Aron grabs my arm tightly and pulls me onto my feet, causing me to scream.

He punches me again and again. Everything starts  to spin in my head. Before I realize what he's doing, I feel myself being thrown onto class table. Glass shattered everywhere and a tall figure stumbling out of the room, is all I see before my sight goes black.

Shawn's POV:
„Maggie what's wrong?" I ask confused but I get no answer. The only thing I could hear was rustling and a loud bang, like something fell over. Something is wrong, I can feel it. Not caring about the speed limit, I drive to Maggie's house.

About three minutes later I arrive. Wow I was never that fast. Nervously, I jog up to the front door and ring the bell. Again I get no answer. What is going on here? „Maggie?" I call out, knocking against the door.

„Don't run Maggie. You know you can't." I hear a deep voice shout. Her stepfather? Why would he say that. I have to get in there now! Desperately, I start to look for the spare key.

Where was it again? „Thank god." I mumble, taking the key from underneath the plant. I unlock the door and it swings open. A scream fills the house, making shiver run down my spine.

"Maggie!" I shout and run upstairs, storming into the room where the scream came from. „Oh god."