•2•

Instantly after you both got home from the errand, your mom started speaking non stop about the woman whose house was just across your own.

Being a good daughter you were. You listened. Not that you had a choice any way. You were helping her set the table, almost to her advantage. She uses that time to tell her story.

Turns out. Your mom and the women  were BestFriend's back in her Highschool days. The two of them eventually lost contact when your mom got married and moved out of the city.

You kept on nodding to every words she spoke. She wouldn't even stop talking about the kid, saying how cute he was and that she could cuddle with him all day, that making you cringe at the thought.

Reminiscing the time when they were catching up a while ago.

You noticed that the kid wouldn't stop staring at you. You tried to start a conversation, but then you remembered that he was a three years old, and probably didn't know how to pronounce a lot of words, thus leaving you at the dark side, with two big round eyes staring right at your soul.

Even just thinking about it made goosebumps uninvitingly rise up your skin.

"Oh and your babysitting him tommorow."

Wait-what?

Next Day

"Have fun dear!" Your mom cheered before closing the door of your house in front of your face.

You weren't given any time to protest, not that you had a choice wether you wanted to do it or not.

Sighing, you looked left and right, before crossing the street and knocking on the house's door just across yours.

The door opened revealing Mrs, Jeon. herself, already in a business attire, carrying Jungkook in her arms.

A wide grin plasters her pink chapped lips at the sight of you. "Y/n dear. Come in!" Her cheerful tone reaches your ear. You can't help but adopt her enthusiastic personality, wishing you had that kind of attitude.

Mrs Heon grabs a hold of your hand, pulling you inside the comforts of her abode.

You weren't even given a time to take in your surroundings when she I mmediately hands Jungkook to you. 

With a cute baby yelp escaping him, he wraps his arms around your neck, clearly afraid that you'd drop him, considering you processed the situation of his mom handing him to you, quite late.

"Help yourself inside the kitchen. I've prepared some dishes all night since I didn't know what you liked, I just cooked the stuffs kids I assume your age liked." She chirps happily, wearing her grey coat before pecking jungkooks forehead, and surprisingly yours too.

"Don't give Noona a hard time okey?" His mother warned him, a playful glare plastering her flawless features.

Jungkook blinks two times before shyly nodding his head in agreement l. His eyes were wide, expression blank as a newly bought sheet of paper.

"Thank you again Y/n" Quickly she makes her way toward her shoe rack, wearing her pumps before exiting and closing the door behind her.

Sighing, you carefully put the kid down, grabbing his smol hand, before pulling him gently to the livingroom.

This wasn't your first time babysitting. Even before moving to this new neighborhood, you've babysitted kids even younger than him.

Not to mention, you had to thank your little brother for the experience.

You loved your adorable yet annoying brother to bits. Despite the thoughts of taking his favorite doll away from him, as a punishment, you love him.

You lift the kid up, sitting him on the couch, before plopping yourself beside him, sitting crisscross facing him.

"So" you started "What do you want to do today? Are you hungry?"

It takes him two blinks before he slowly shook his head as a 'no'.

Although humans unconsciously blinks perhaps 20 or more times a minute? The kid took one and a half minute to accomplish two blinks.

Let's not forget that, that sent a shiver running down your spine.

You noticed he wasn't blinking again, and was just staring at you.

Raising your hand up, you swiped it downwards in attempt of closing them. The kid flinches and stumbles back but you quickly grabbed unto his arm, preventing any harm that was about to come, even if he was just gonna land on the other side of the comfy cushion.

"Yah!" You shrieked, catching him on time.