Chapter 3. The New Prophecy

The sun’s light warmed the unconscious bodies of two dragons lying next to each other on a patch of lush green grass. Cynder felt the sun’s warmth dance upon her scales before opening her eyes. It took a while to adjust to the blinding light but soon she regained full consciousness.

Cynder studied her surroundings and found that she was on a high cliff in The Valley of Avalar. Slowly she stood up from her sitting position and saw a familiar shade of purple right next to her. The dragoness recalled the previous events in her mind, the events that involved the shattering of the planet.

She nudged her head against Spyro’s, in an attempt to wake him up, “Spyro, Spyro wake up!” Her response was Spyro’s eyes starting to flicker open before casting his glance at Cynder.

He then widened his eyes and suddenly lifted himself up as if in panic, “Cynder! What happened! Where are we?!” Spyro burst in worry. He was worried if similar events would occur like the last time they woke up in an unfamiliar place.  

“We’re in Avalar, Spyro. There is no need to panic,” Cynder explained with amusement. Spyro seemed to have relaxed after that since his muscles weren’t as tense. His face then turned into an expression to that as if he was anxious.

“Did… did we do it? Did we defeat Malefor and repair the world?” Spyro asked anxiously.

Cynder looked around the area before replying in a sarcastic tone, “If repaired means that there are no cracks in the ground or floating islands along with Avalar standing, then yes, it must be fixed up.” Spyro just replied with a shake of his head, as if amused at the dragoness’ sarcasm. Cynder chuckled before replying, “Maybe we should go to the Dragon City and see if everyone is there.”

Spyro nodded in response, liking the idea. However when he thought of the word “everyone” he knew it wasn’t exact. Cynder caught the sulking expression and smiled, “Hey, you still got all of us. Besides, I think Sparx might be missing you too much. I can imagine what he’s going to be like when we get back.”

Spyro smiled at Cynder for her comfort. It was then the two dragons raised their wings and flew into the high skies. Enjoying each other’s company.

In the Dragon City, all the moles were running around and building more structure for the city. After the world was returned, the inhabitants of the city decided to rebuild it bigger and better. However, not everyone was in a bright mood.

Sparx was sitting on a wooden box and stared at the sky. There were clouds that reminded him deeply of him and his “brother” Spyro. The two had been on many adventures, they sticked together like an unbreakable bond. However, when the only way to save the world was for the two to separate, everything turned sombre for him.    

“What you did was the right thing to do, Sparx,” Terrador said as he walked near the sorrowful dragonfly, “Spyro would be proud of you.”

Sparx looked up at the earth dragon and sighed, “I know, I know. But I just want him to come back! We’ve been together like glue and only now have we been… not so glued together.” Terrador raised a brow at the dragonfly before sitting down next to the wooden box.

“You know, it is out of character for you to be like this. Even if he’s alive or not, we must move on for his sacrifice,” Terrador replied. Sparx was about to snap back until a mole at a high broken tower yelled for everyone to hear.

“IT’S THEM! THE PURPLE DRAGON HAS RETURNED!” the mole shouted as everyone looked to the skies where two awfully familiar faces were flying down.

Sparx looked up with hope glittering in his eyes, “Spyro…! SPYRO!” the dragonfly screamed with joy and flew to where the said dragon landed. Sparx immediately hugged Spyro’s neck with a fierce grip as the dragon was taken back in surprise. “Where were you all this time?! I had to wait forever for you to come home so I could joke about your fatness!” Sparx shouted only to receive a confused look on Spyro’s face.