Chapter 4

*Viola*

As soon as I stepped foot into the city of London again I felt relief wash over me. I missed this place. This was home.

It was about 11:30 so before we went 'sight-seeing' we decided to duck into Starbucks and grab a drink. I ordered a caramel cream frappe and the others ordered their drinks before we left and sat in a little park. It was a nice day, not too cold but still cool enough to wear a jumper.

"Where would you like to go first Vi?" Joe asked, and I smiled at the nickname I'd already recieved.

"I don't mind, really. I'm just happy to hang around a bit. It's up to you guys," I said casually, giving them a smile.

"Alright, well how about we stroll through the park for a bit and then decide what to do from there?" Zoe suggested.

I smiled. "Sounds like a plan."

We all walked together, each having conversations with each other about everything and anything. Joe and I were playing 20 questions with each other.

"So Viola, what's your favourite movie?" I was about to reply when I heard music, it was coming from further into the park. I grinned.

"Joe! C'mon," I said before running off in the direction of the music. I stopped when I saw them.

Street dancers.

They were doing flips and jumps and all sorts of moves. They were brilliant. I felt someone behind me and turned around, Joe had caught up.

"Dancers? You made me run all this way to watch a couple of dancers?" He said playfully. I grinned again.

"Aren't they amazing? Just look at the way they move," I said, feeling like a little child on Christmas.

Back in Cali I was in a street dance crew. We weren't big or anything, but we danced almost everyday. I loved it. The audience seemed to love it too.

No one of my family knew I danced except for Hayley. No one else cared enough to realise that it was the only thing I wanted to do.

My parents were set on me having an anti-risk, safe life where I worked in a normal job like as a nurse or a lawyer. Everytime I brought up dance they just shrugged it off and told me that this was just a phase.

It wasn't.

I decided that if my parents weren't going to support my dance then I'll do it on my own. A couple of weeks before Hayley died, her and I started to turn the old shed out the back of our house into a small dance studio. She never got to see the finished product of it.

I spent all of my free time, everyday in that shed. It was my getaway. I became independent and taught myself to dance. My favourite style is contemporary as I feel that's what I'm best at and it makes me feel alive. I still love pretty much any style of dance, and hiphop and breakdance is something that really catches my eye. I love it.

"Vi? Earth to Viola...hello?" I was interupted by a hand being waved in front of my face. I turned and saw the hand belonged to Joe. "The dancers stopped minutes ago, you just stood there."

"Oh shit, my bad," I said sheepishly.

"All good. So how come the sudden interest in those dancers? Do you dance?" He queried. I knew if I told him he'd expect me to show him something so I shook my head.

"Nah, I just find it all really fascinating. The way someone can poor all their emotions into a form of physical art and the way they can capture the audience through an emotion and movements of their body. You can feel so much at one time through one form of art and it's amazing." I smiled, thinking about how much dancing has impacted my life.

Joe smiled back at me, and for the first time in 2 years I knew that it was a real smile and that I had real friends who actually gave a shit about me.

_______________________________________

IT'S SUCH A SMALL UPDATE IM SO SORRY ITS THE BEST I COULD DO AT 2am

much love tho x