Chapter Two: Late Night Swim

Remember when I said that I woke up knowing that today would be different? I was right. Remember when I said that it would be the best day ever? Well, I was wrong. What started off as an okay day ended up being one of the worst yet. It was almost midnight and due to me not being able to sleep I was getting ready for a late night swim. Usually I swam with my dad on nights like this, but he got called back into work hours ago. A few minutes later the Tyler's left also. I sighed. I didn't like the things that Novian made me feel, but I couldn't lie and say that those things didn't intrigue me. I hadn't been able to stop thinking about him. Hence why I couldn't sleep and was my way to a late night swim. As per usual I was dressed in a two piece bathing suit. For a second I wondered what Novian would say if he saw me in this. Dressed like this. Would he like it? Quickly I shook the thought away as a weird tingle started between my legs. This one I definitely wasn't talking to my parents about seeing how they reacted last time. It was embarrassing to have your parents laughing at you while you sat there confused as to why. With a sigh I quickly, but quietly headed down the stairs and out the door. There was a warm breeze blowing through and I smiled as I turned on the pool heaters. I dipped my legs in the pool as I waited for them to heat up. Soon I was lost in my own world as thoughts of Novian slowly crept back into my mind.

"Hey neighbor." spoke a voice causing me to jump out of fright.

"Oh! Novian it's only you. Hi." I breathed my heart racing. Only I wasn't too sure if it was from him scaring me or because of him. Or because I was embarrassed by my thoughts of him.

"So what are you doing out this late?"

"Um...swimming?" I answered though it sounded like more of a question. It didn't occur to me that he was just trying to make small talk until after I answered him.

"Mind if I join you?" My eyes were open wide. I could just say no, but I didn't have a reason. Well I had s reason, it just wasn't one I wanted to admit out loud. I didn't want him laughing at me the way my parents had.

"Um...you're not wearing a suit." I mumbled to which he only laughed.

"My house is right behind me sweetheart. I'll be back in a minute or two." Before I could say anything he was gone. I tried to calm myself as my heart began to race and it grew hard to breathe. Why was I so nervous? Or was I just scared? I swam with my dad all the time so why was this any different? Well I wasn't related to Novian and I wasn't quite sure if I could even trust him yet.

I had gone deep into my thoughts and queries about Novian when I was splashed with water. My mouth dropped open as Novian walked over to me in the shallow end of the pool. The water accentuated every muscle he had. His biceps and triceps looked more defined. His pecs looked liked you could bounce a quarter off of them. His abs...oh my his abs. Toned and perfect were an understatement and didn't do them justice. They trailed down into this triangular shape causing me to gasp. I squeezed my legs shut tight in surprise to my reaction at him being wet. The tingle was back and it was definitely stronger than ever. His hair was soaking wet but still managed to look lusciously delicious.

'Gosh I just want to lick him' I thought causing my eyes to widen with surprise as I clenched my legs together even tighter. A single thought intensified the tingle to the point were I was almost ready to pass out I was panting so hard. What was wrong with me? It was then that I realized Novian's mouth was moving. By me being so caught up in my own head I hadn't paid attention to what he was saying.

" I'm s-sorry I didn't c-catch that." I smiled shyly.

"I said let's have a swim off. Winner gets a prize?"

"That'll be?" I questioned watching him carefully as a sneaky smile grew on his face.

"If you win I'll leave you to your night swim, but if I win I get to challenge you." I didn't think about his wording. I just knew that I had to win and if I did he would leave me alone so I could work out what the tingle between my legs were on my own. I wonder why it kept happening and why it only seemed to get stronger. I wondered if it would come back even if Novian wasn't in my sight.