Chapter 5

Me and Matthew have just been sitting at the edge of the cliff talking for hours. It was now
8 o'clock and dark out.

"So how was your mom after you guys got home?" He was referring to the mall incident.
"Uh I don't really know. I just went in my room." I shrugged.

"You should talk to her when you get back. You don't want to fight, it's nit worth it." He was right, but it doesn't tell me why this happened.

"Speaking of getting back, we should go."
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes" we went back and forth, arguing like 3 year olds.

"Fine." He got up and ran into the woods, leaving me in the small clearing by the cliff. "Matt?" I called out. After a few seconds of him not answering, I got up and ran after him. "MATTHEW RYDER. GET BACK HERE OR I SWEAR-" I heard a noise nearby and immediately shut up.

"You're a dead man when I find you" I said more to myself.

Matthew's POV

I snuck up behind her and jumped on her, wrapping my arms around hers in a bear hug.

"AHH" she screamed hitting and kicking all around.
"I hate you so much!" She continued to hit and yell in my face while I just laughed. She's like an angry squirrel. Cute, funny, and harmless.

I just smiled as she moved away and frowned.
"That was way too funny" I laughed putting my arm around her. She just brushed it off and walked away.

"Oh come on Amber."
"Amber?"
"Amberrrr" I carried out the R just to annoy her.
"Come on. We should go" She finally said walking to her car.

When we got there, she just got into her car and didn't even say goodbye. No smile, no wave, nothing.

"That's how you're gonna be? Fine" I turned around and began walking to my car when I heard her small laugh.

I turned back around just in time for her to hug me. "What?" I am so confused. One second she was mad, now she's not? Women am I right.

"Did you really think I was mad?" Asked laughing. "Of course not. You're too serious" she let go and got into her car again. "Bye Matthew." Was the last thing she said before waving and driving off to her house.

I probably look like an idiot right now.

Amber's POV

This could possibly be the best night I've had in a long time. I pulled into my driveway and ran inside. I saw my mom sitting on the couch half asleep. It's probably a bad idea to talk to her, but she's still awake right?

I walked In front of her. "Oh hey hon-" She was cut off my me hugging her. "I'm sorry mom. I was being over dramatic"

"Oh honey, don't be. I should've told you sooner. I'm sorry." She tried making it her fault when it wasn't. "You should go to bed. It's getting late. I love you." She smiled and guided me to the stairs. As soon as I got in my room, the only thing calling me was my bed, I just plopped on it and everything shut down.

~•~

"What are you doing today?" My mom asked. I hope she's not trying to make plans with me, I'm already doing something.

"Me and my friends are gonna hang out at the arcade later. I got to go get ready." I said walking to the stairs.
"Oh. Ok" I heard mom say. I couldn't figure out why she sounded so disappointed.

What to wear, what to wear. Matthew is going to be there. I picked out jeans, a yellow tube top, and black sandals.

My hair was a mess. The curls were all knotted everywhere. I hadn't even washed my face yet and I only had 30 minutes to get ready. This was going to have to be the quickest shower I've ever taken.