Chapter 14

(Y/n)'s POV

The burning in my chest continued to grow. Tch, I was being stupid. What was that about yesterday? He was trying to run away from Tsubasa and now what?

Kento's hand on my shoulder was barely enough to hold me back. I tried to push down the anger piling up in my body. What the hell was wrong with him? What gave him the right to play with girls like that?

We were having breakfast right now but I was just playing with my food. Hmph, I pushed the dish towards Kento and just stared at nothing.

"Hey, what are you doing? I can't afford to get fat, eat up," he ordered.
"I'm not hungry."
"Oi, it's at times like this when you need to eat."
"Says you. You only have a glass of juice."

He just shrugged before shoving a piece of egg in my mouth. I glared at him and wiped the sauce off my mouth.

"Watch out!"

But it was too late. The food tray slipped from Yumiko's hands and fell onto my head. The various dishes spilt over my hair and clothes, dripping down my skin.

Yumiko's smirk was quickly hidden under a fake concerned expression. She immediately bowed her head in apology, continuously saying 'sorry' over and over.

I stood up and waved it off while glaring at the ground. She apologised once more.

"It's fine."

Before I got a chance to go back to my room, Kento grabbed onto my hand despite it becoming sticky from the food. I tugged at my hand but he refused to let go. Instead, he turned to face Yumiko with an angry glare.

"Kento, stop it. She already apologised..."
"I've had enough of this! Whoever the hell you are or pretend to be, I won't tolerate you any longer!"
"K-Kento!"

I tried pulling him back but his grip on my hand only tightened. It had gotten to the point where it was starting to hurt. Well, not that he realised.

"Aizome, don't blame her. I was the one that accidentally tripped her," Tsubasa exclaimed, trying to stop the fighting.
"Huh? So the two of you are working on this together? Why? Because you both have similar goals to corner (Y/n)?"
"W-what? I never-"
"*sigh* I've given up on trying to flirt with you. You're worthless, but still a little better than that trash. I'm normally not so rude to pretty girls but when it comes to people who hurt my family, I don't care who they are."
"What the hell? Yuuta, do something about this!" Yumiko said, pretending to act hurt.
"Shut up, will you? Stop playing with his feelings. And you, what are you playing at? Do you like Goshi or something?"

The two stayed silent but had completely different reactions. Tsubasa was just plain shocked while Yumiko was seething with anger.

Everything else seemed to have just zoomed out. They were non-existent in our argument. It was as if nothing else mattered.

"Kento, leave Tsubasa out of this. She's done nothing wrong. I don't get why you're so upset," Goshi exclaimed.
"Tch, don't think I forgot about you."
"What the hell are you talking about?"
"Who's more important to you, (Y/n) or Tsubasa?"
"What?"
"See? You can't answer. You know, it was obvious before that all you could think about was (Y/n). You tried every possible way to talk to her but in the end, it just became natural that you two would always be together."
"B-but I thought..." started Tsubasa.
"And yet, now what? You're having a secret affair with Tsubasa? You keep playing around with them. Who the hell do you think you are?"
"That's none of your business, Kento. Stop trying to control my life. As far as I can tell, I'm probably better off with Tsubasa."

Those words were like a stab through the heart. He...was better off with Tsubasa? I caught Yumiko staring at me with a huge, triumphant smirk on her face. She didn't bother hiding it this time. After all, everyone always believed her in the end.

Kento steadied me before I could fall. I wanted to, I wanted to escape from this harsh reality and disappear. They...didn't need me anymore. I won't ever be needed again.

"You don't mean that, do you?" Kento asked, hiding his shock.
"What if I do? What are you gonna do about it? Wreck my love life? Forget it, just leave us alone."
"So what? Is Tsubasa officially your girlfriend?"
"Yeah, so don't you dare try to hurt her. And plus, don't think she's on the same level as that Yumiko trash."

Goshi pulled Tsubasa by her hand and left. I had no words to say. He loved Tsubasa...He did indirectly admit that I was once treasured but now that he had found someone else to love, I was no longer needed.

~Some time later~

Kento knocked on the door to my room. I ignored him, like I did for the past few minutes. I didn't want to see anyone, I didn't feel like it.

Goshi and Yuuta both betrayed me in a way that crushed my heart. And what was I doing about it? Nothing, absolutely nothing. I didn't want to be a crybaby or whine about it, but what was there for me to do?

I couldn't force Goshi to like me back nor could I tell Yuuta to break up with Yumiko. Ugh, life sucked. It was the worse. Perhaps death would be better than this.

But I couldn't die yet. I still had things that I wanted to do and things I wanted to see. Even if the whole world was against me, I still had friends who would be there for me no matter what happened.

The knocking on the door soon stopped so I had assumed that he went to the photoshoot. Unexpectedly, a piece of paper slipped under the door. I saw the shadow of his feet as he left.