one

{Gabrielle, Two Months later}

I sat staring out my window for the 5th time today. I haven't done much except sit here, on my window seat and become completely drawn to the senery. I love the way cars drive past and I love seeing birds fly by. As weird as it may sound this is the most I do in the day time. Ever since that night I have barely left the house. And in fact i lost my job, a week ago. I am back living with my mum, and little sister Bay. So this is my life now. Afraid of everything.

Now, you can't possibly say what happened was normal. And quite frankly, I never ever want to go outside again. I couldn't even defend myself then, how would I be able to if it happened again? I just got lucky when that person came along. The person whom, I still don't know. They are still a mystery.

I have sat in my room for a whole day attempting to rememeber them, but nothing happens. I can never pin point a certain feature about them. It was extremely dark that night, and I was loosing my sight since my head had been bashed off the ground twice. or was it three times?

A cringe rippled through my body, I didn't want to think about that night. Even though my curiousity is boiling, and I want to know who helped me. But then I think it was my curiousity that got me into that mess in the first place and now I want nothing to do with it.

A knock on my bedroom door made me jump from my thoughts, I brushed the hair from my face then turned my head to the door. My little 14 year old sister walked in. She was grinning, and once she entered my room fully she flopped onto my bed.

"What's up?" I asked curiously.

"I'm bored. Mum is going out, and all my friends are busy. Plus I miss hanging out with you." she explained, looking at me with sad eyes.

I fought the urge to say no. I mean, I missed my family when I lived alone. But I've just been in no mood to do 'fun' things or even leave my room for that matter.

"Sure," I spoke through the lump in my throat. "What do you want to do?" I asked watching Bay roll over on her stomach to face me.

"Uh. We should go to the movies." she suggested.

Once the words left her mouth, I sighed and looked back out the window. As much as I miss going to the movies with Bay, and buying a shitload of candy and popcorn. Then buying a ticket to whatever movie is playing next. I can't. The thought of going outside scares me.

"Wanna watch a movie here?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"Well I suppose, but Gab. I miss going to the movies with you." she whined.

I let out another sigh. I'm sure I will survive going to the movies for a few hours. Plus, there will be lots of people there and I will have my cell phone and Bay will have her's. As much as I want to stay locked in my room, I will go out and do something.

"Alright," I breathed out. I stood up from my spot on the window seat and grabbed my phone that was charging. "You better have money, because I don't." I joked.

"I have some." Bay grinned. Her excitement showing, as she jumped off my bed.

"Wait." I paused, as she rushed to my bedroom door. she turned and looked at me. "I am gonna change. I will meet you downstairs."

"Okay," she said.

I waited for her to exit my room before stripping out of my sweatpants and tank top. I went to my closet and found a pair of jean shorts, and a plain white v-neck tshirt. I slipped my new clothes on then slid my feet into a pair of converse. My hair was naturally wavy from the shower I had this morning so I just let it do it's own thing. I quickly popped a piece of gym in my mouth, then grabbed an extra ten dollars. Because knowing Bay she probably had about twenty and says she has more.