Chapter 6 - Are We There Yet?

After Harry and Louis took turns driving. I ended back up in the drivers seat. We have been driving for over 10 hours and I'm getting pretty tired.

I looked to the back seat to see all the boys asleep. The only boy awake was Niall. I looked over at him now to notice he was slowly drifting off.

I looked out into the darkness before speaking.

"Hey Niall, I'm gonna stop so we can sleep" I said while pulling into an empty parking lot.

"Thanks Aspen" he replied waking a little more because of my talking

I pulled into a old parking lot. I parked the car and grabbed a pillow from underneath the seat. I pulled the drink holder up to reveal a small seat section. I laid the pillow down and rested my head on it. I moved over a little bit and soon a head fell beside mine from the other side.

"Goodnight Aspen" Niall said

"Goodnight Niall" I said and closed my eyes

Niall's POV

A bright light hit my eyes, waking me from my sleep. I rolled over to face Aspen. She looked adorable in her sleep. Not wanting to disturb her I rolled back over. The lights then hit her eyes, waking her.

"Good morning" I smiled at her

"Morning" she responded still a little groggy

I raised up and she followed resting her head on the shearing wheel.

"We're only an hour or so from Mt. Hood" she managed to say

"Well then what are we waiting for?" a voice known as Louis's came from the back

I turned on the radio knowing it woke Aspen up. The song Heartbeat by The Fray came on.

"THE FRAY!" Louis screamed waking Harry and Liam up

"Shut up Lou!" Harry grumbled and slapped Lou in the face

"We're on an open bed truck on the highway

The rain is coming down and we're on the run

Think I can feel the breath in your body

We gotta keep on running 'til we see the sun

Oh you got a fire and it's burning in the rain

Thought that it went out, but it's burning just the same

And you don't look back, not for anything

'Cause if you love someone, you love them all the same

If you love someone, you love them all the same"

The radio blared. Soon the song finished.

"Mt Hood here we come!" Aspen cheered

"Woooo" the boys cheered in the back

I can't wait to go snowboarding and skiing with the boys. Most of all Aspen. She doesn't have to try to look pretty. The other day she still looked beautiful in overalls and grease on her face. She didn't have to wear nice clothes. She's just a carefree person from what I see. She doesn't care about what people think of her. I like that kind of personality.

*A few hours later*

Aspen's POV

"We're here!" I shouted with joy

"Yay!" Zayn exclaimed

I pulled into the mountain side hotel. I turned the Jeep off and grabbed my hoodie, slipping it on. I stepped out into the crisp cold mountain air. It felt so good, but kinda colder than it was back home now.