Chapter 9 - Interviews

I felt the side of face vibrating. I opened my eyes in shock and looked down to see my phone buzzing. I saw an unknown number, but still answered it.

"Hello, is this Aspen Morado?" A voice said

"Yes, who may this be?" I asked, noticing the voice belonged to someone of business

"This is Steven, from Burton boards, we saw your videos and would like to talk to you about sponsorship" the man said

"Really!? That would be great! When would you like to meet?" I asked

"How about today at 2:00, we can talk about some upcoming events" he said

"Thank you so much, I will see you then!" I said hanging up

This was really it. I was finally gonna get to snowboard with the big dogs. I've just got to stay focused and get this sponsor ship. Then maybe I won't have to take my dads business over.

I jumped out of bed seeing the clock read 12:00. I need to stop sleeping so late, but we just got back from the trip. Yep, that will work as my excuse.

I sat up on the bed, throwing my feet over the side. I rubbed my eyes once again. I walked over to my small closet. I was going to have to dress nicer than usual, but this is snowboarding, so who cares. I pulled out a striped orange v-neck. I found some tan shorts to match it. This could pass inspection. I walked over to my bathroom. I brushed through my wavy hair. It fell over my shoulders. I'll decide what to do with that later. I put some light blush on, that being my only makeup. I looked in the mirror and decided to leave my hair alone. I walked out of the bathroom and shot my glance toward the clock. 1:25. Just enough time to get to the headquarters. I skipped out of my room, grabbing my lanyard and phone.

"Mom, I'm going to Burton boards if you need me" I yelled through the house

"Why are you going there?" she asked coming out of the kitchen

"they called offering me a sponsorship" I said

"well good look" she said while I walked toward the door

"Thanks" I said opening the door

"And be careful!" she called after me

"No promises!" I said smiling, slamming the door behind me

I opened my car door and climbed in. I Started my car and drove into the city.

*A Few Hours Later*

I was walking out of the building with a wide grin upon my face. That is when I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I grabbed it out and looked at the silly picture that Niall set for his contact.

"Hello?" I questioned

"Aspen!" I heard the Irish voice say

"Niall!" I said mocking him

"What are your plans for this evening?" he asked

"Well I just got done with-" I started but smiled

"With what?" he asked

"I will explain. How about you and the boys meet me at Gustavo's" I said

"Ok, see you in 25, bye" he said hanging up the phone

I finally arrived at my Jeep. I unlocked it and jumped in. I started to drive to Gustavo's. I texted Niall the address to Gustavo's. I though back to what just happened. It was a life changer, a big one. I can't wait for this to start up.

I drove until I saw the little brick building with wood carved double doors. I parked in the back and walked to the front. I opened to the doors to be greeted by my favorite Italian Chef.