Derek (2)

Derek's P.O.V

          I stood besides Ethan as I watched my brother Justin talking to a group of girls, "everyone's been talking about your brother lately" he said. "Yeah, he got a whole ass make over" I snorted "the perks of being best friends with the richest girl in school" Ethan said as Mary stood with Justin, they both smiled as they talked to their new friends.

It was weird seeing Justin talking to so many people, he's usually shy and doesn't hang around many people but I was also happy he was making friends even though they only like him because of his new look.

"Whoa, Justin sure looks different" Ariana said as she held my arm, "hey.. keep your eyes on me" I said as she smiled and Ethan rolled his eyes as he left. "So I was thinking for Valentine's Day we could have a romantic picnic at the park" "Yeah okay, what do I bring?" "Blankets, leave the food to me" Ariana smiled "you got dessert?" "Yeah."

Once I walked into class, I sat beside Ethan as he had his arms crossed. "What?" I said and Ethan rolled his eyes "I already told you what and you don't want to talk about it" "I'm sorry, why can't you just wait?" "because I'm tired of watching you with her" Ethan glared.

"I promise after competition we will work this out" I said as he only stared at me. "I'll plan something for us for Valentine's Day" I said as he smiled slightly "Okay" he said.

"I'm screwed" I said as I walked with Justin, "what's wrong?" he asked "hey Justin" a girl winked and he only smiled at her as I sighed "Ariana is planning this picnic and I told Ethan I would take him out for Valentine's Day" I said as Justin waved back to a few girls. "Easy, just hang out with Ariana in the afternoon and then take Ethan out in the evening" he said as my eyes widened "you're right.. that never crossed my mind."

"Oh Derek, you've always been book smart but let's admit it you're not exactly people smart" Justin shrugged as I rolled my eyes, "what do I plan for Ethan?" "Hmm.. well it's going to be night.. so I'd say maybe a movie but not just any movie at a theater, maybe at his house but make it special! Fairy lights.. dinner and steamy sex" he laughed as I smiled "I like that!" I said "you're the best" I said as Justin nodded. "Hey Justin, check this out" a jock said as Justin walked towards the group of guys.

"I hope you guys already started packing because we leave in a week and we're going to be there for awhile" I said as I walked towards my team. "I don't have a suitcase" someone said as I sighed "you don't know anyone who might have a spare?" "Not really.. my family and I don't really travel" he said. "I might have a spare" a girl said "see! There ya go" I smiled. "Just one problem.. Mr. Andrews might not be able to come and we need him there" Sarah said as my eyes widened "what why? Why am I just finding this out?! I'm the captain!" "He told me during 9th period, he was going to tell you before practice starts!" she said as I sighed and Mr. Andrews walked in with papers "don't tell me it's true" I said as he sighed "I'm sorry Derek, my wife might give birth soon and I can't miss it, we found out yesterday that the baby might come sooner than expected" "then take her with you! She can come with us, we need you!" "I would take her but plane tickets are expensive! The school paid for all of us to go and if I bring my wife then I will have to pay my own money and you all should know by now we teachers don't get paid much" "how much will the ticket cost?" "around two hundred, we just paid our bills so we're screwed for this week" "I got two twenties" one kid said and threw the cash on the desk "I got a forty" a girl said, "my grandpa sent me some birthday money, I'll chip in a forty" "How the hell do you guys have money?" "We work too" a girl said "okay we only have a hundred" "I can pay off the rest, are you guys sure you went to give me this?" Mr. Andrews said "we need you in order to make this trip happen.. who knows, it would be pretty cool to have your child born in Florida" I smiled.

"Alright gang, lets practice" I said as my team cheered and walked to their desks.