Chapter 5

The next day in sixth period, we were on our phones but not talking. He still looked like he was in pain.

Should I ask him if he was the creature? I thought. No. What if it wasn't him? I shouldn't mention that because it might not have been him and he could get freaked out about how there was a huge creature on the roof. If it was him, he would probably think that I told other people about what I saw too.

When I got home, I put my backpack on my bed and changed into different comfortable clothes again. I put on a black shirt and dark grey shorts.

After that, my brother and I went outside and got all of our friends outside again. My brother and his friends went somewhere else while my friend and I walked around the apartment place on the sidewalk. While my friend and I were walking around, I wondered if she saw the creature on the roof of the math building yesterday.

"Did any of the ceilings in your classes start creaking loudly yesterday?" She asked.

"No." I said.

"At the beginning of seventh period, the ceiling of my class just started creaking loudly for a few seconds." She explained.

"That's weird." I said, pretending to not know what that was.

It was the creature that had been chasing me on the roof yesterday.

Suddenly, the weird boy came outside and started walking toward us. When he got a few feet behind us on the sidewalk, the creature came out from behind a car next to him. It roared at him and then picked up a car over its head.

Terrified, he turned to his right and ran as fast as he could. He ran between the apartment buildings and to the sidewalk on the other side. The creature threw the car but it got stuck in the tree that was in the middle of the area behind the two apartment buildings.

I quickly turned to my friend.

"We have to hide while its distracted." I said.

"What is that thing?" My friend asked.

Immediately, we turned to our left and ran across the parking lot. We ran and hid behind a car while the creature wasn't looking.

"I don't know." I said.

We looked around the corner of the car and watched the creature. The creature noticed that we were gone and looked around. It lifted its nose in the air and tried to get our scent. Luckily we were hiding near a dumpster, so it could only smell the dumpster.

After that, it started walking to the dumpster. When it got to the dumpster, it climbed in and started eating something. While it was distracted eating -whatever it was eating- from the dumpster, my friend and I realized this was our chance to get away from it. We quietly ran while staying low and behind the cars. 

When we got to our apartment building, we quickly ran up the stairs and went into her apartment. Then, we ran into her room and peeked out of the blinds. When we peeked out of the blinds, the creature was gone.