Chapter Twenty-Two: Gay Spectrum

Riley

The leopard shifters had freaked me out. "She's not safe," I told Dustin. "We can't just let her walk around like that. She's easy game to any shifter."

"Game?" he echoed incredulously.

We were in my office at the back of the club. He sat across from me on the other side of my table, working, but mostly staring at me. It was....distracting. I had to redo any work I accomplished each time I caught him watching me.

"Shut up. It's for lack of a better word. You know what I mean."

"Okay. Tell me what we should do."

The great Dustin asking for advice. I told him as such. He snorted at me.

"We're mates. Leaders of the SwanLake pack," he said with exaggerated flourish. "So umm...sure. I'm asking for your advice."

"If we had a pack, you'd let me rule with you?" I asked, weirdly touched.

"Yeah. Why not?"

I thought over it for a second. "Freya too?" I asked.

"I know its strange for a supposed Alpha wolf, but I've never felt threatened by either of you." He paused. "The other shifters I've come into contact with, though." He whistled low. "Damn! I want them all to kneel."

"Bet you want me on my knees," I teased with a smirk.

He leered at me, looked dazed for a second, then snapped back to the issue at hand. It seemed like I too was a distraction. "What's your suggestion? About Freya?" he asked.

"One of us has to mate her. Mark her. Make her an official mate. Shifters won't recognise word of mouth. They need a marker that they can see. Any Alpha wolf can come and take her from under our noses."

"I know," he sighed. "You're absolutely right." His voice was tired. This particular topic stressed him. "You should mate her and mark her. I'm....just not ready."

I reached forward and held his hand. It was warm in my hand but still sent tingles up my arm, a feeling I had been experiencing ever since I was ten years old. "Freya would never allow that. She'll only have us both and you know it. I'm just putting it out there. She trusts us. Trust her too when she says that your wolf only attacked Diana because it was confused. Trust her when she says that your wolf would never hurt its true mates. Trust her." I willed him with my voice.

"I do. I'm fucking terrified, Riles. I had no control over my own mind. It was awful. I just watched him hurt her." "Him" being his wolf. "I can't go through that with you two. I'm scared shitless."

"Shhh," I soothed. "Take your time. Meanwhile call Everest. Look into some non-sexed-up ways of marking mates, okay?"

"Yeah. Sure. I will."

We sat in silence. Him sullen, me regretful. I had to say something. I went with: "Can I suck you off?"

He went very still. "What?"

"We were speaking of knees....me on my knees. I just figured." I shrugged. "Is that something that would trigger a panic attack?"

Any time me and Freya had tried to go further than kissing and hand jobs with Dustin, he had freaked out on us, and it had taken us hours of hugging and gentle touches to calm him down again.

He mutely shook his head.

"Okay." I walked to the door and locked it, then knelt in between his legs. "I've never done this before," I murmured, as I slid his zipper down.

"Really?" He watched me with hooded eyes, dark with desire.

"Yeah. I'm a total virgin. Been saving myself for you, Dust." I laughed nervously. "Hope I'm great at it."

"If it makes you feel any better, neither have I."

I chuckled. "Is that so, straight boy?"

He just smirked at me.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked him. "This is way up there in the gay spectrum."

He grabbed my chin and forced me to look him in the eyes. "Riley, I would let you fuck me," he whispered, breathlessly, effectively setting me ablaze. "I'm in this thing. And that means with you too, not just Freya. I want everything with you. So feel free to  set your mouth loose on me--" his voice dropped several octaves to a seductive growl, "--and afterwards, I'll have a go at you."

I almost came right there, right then