Chapter Twenty-Seven: In Memory Of Zisa

Its not romantic. I just really needed to share. A fabulous character whose story I never got to tell.

###########################

Freya

"Her name is Maya.

"She found her truemate really late. She had waited for him her whole life. She was thirty at the time and, well, he already had a matebond with another woman. They had children. He could not leave his family, so he told mom to leave and never show her face again. She returns home, sad and depressed, only to find her elder sister dead.

"So umm, her dead sister....

"She met her true mate at some alpha meeting while my mom was off getting her heart broken. Another alpha had her eyes set on him though, so they clashed, fought, my aunt got killed. Not so common a practice at the time, but it happened occasionally enough that that evil woman was not banished or anything.

"Those days Sirens were kept in "Siren Camps". Alphas would show up, bid, and walk away with a Siren mate. That's whee the fight broke out.

"That alpha though, did not count on my aunt's sister, who was also an alpha and had a tonne of emotions to work through. Mom went on a rampage, hunted that woman down, fought her, won and claimed my dad as her own.

"All for her sister. Zisa was named in memory of her; my dad's truemate and my mother's only sister."

"That's tragic," Riley exclaimed.

"Agreed," Dustin said.

I shrugged. "Welcome to the shifter world."