ignore it

Kirstie had gone home and Scott was laying on his bed. Mitch quietly entered the room.
-Hey...
Scott glanced at him, then back at his phone. Mitch laid right next to him, and started playing with his golden hair. The blonde didn't give him any attention, just kept typing.
-Who are you texting? -He continued.
-Doesn't matter.
Mitch looked down at Scott's phone. Scott moved it away right before he could see the message he was writing.
-Stop. It's no big deal.
-So how's Alex doing? -Mitch asked. He obviously knew it was Alex the one he was texting.
-Fine. - he stopped texting and let his head fall to his pillow.- Nothing happened, you don't have to worry.
-Alright.
They stayed silent.
-Stop messing my hair.
-You're not going anywhere. -Mitch justified.
-Still, don't. -Scott reached Mitch's hand to make him stop and moved it away. He didn't stop holding it though.
They fell asleep.

_____________________________

Mitch woke up to Wyatt's meow. Scott was still laying there, petting Wyatt, with his blue eyes staring at him. Mitch wished he could wake up like that every day.
-Morning. -He said - We have to rehearse.
-Hey... did we even have dinner last night? -Mitch asked.
-I don't think so.
Scott's phone rang. Mitch reached it. It was a message from Alex, of course.
"Hey sweet... everything alright? Thinking about you."
Scott read the disappointment on Mitch's face. He took the phone off his hands. Mitch got up as fast as he could.
-I'm going to make us something to eat.
-Why do you get so upset? -Scott sighed.
Mitch had left.
-Mitch?

Mitch's pov
So it did happen something between them. What was I thinking? God, I've been so blind. Scott doesn't want to have anything to do with me.
Hide the tears, Mitch. Hide the tears.
Scott's steps. Don't face him directly.
-Mitchy... -Scott got closer behind me - I'm sorry.
-Why didn't you tell me?
-It's just that... I'm so confused right now. That's why I left earlier. I dont know what I want, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you.
-It's okay. It just upsets me that you lied to me. - I said. It wasn't just that, tought. The thought that Scott could be eventually getting back together with Alex was destroying me inside.
Scott attempted to hug me. I moved away.
-I'm sorr...
-Don't mind it, Scott. I understand. I'll let you figure it out alone. - I interrupted him. - I've put some bread in the toaster. Going to get coffee. - I shut the door after me.

Scott's pov
Damn it, Mitch... if you only knew... I didn't kiss Alex, yesterday. No, I thought about you. I kissed you. I messed up. Should have told you... God I'm so confused.
I should understand that thought was meaningless. I don't want Mitch. I can't want Mitch. He would never want me either. So stop it.
Ignore it.

_____________________________

ALEX: Scott?
SCOTT: Sorry... I was going to text you last night but Mitch kinda made it impossible for me to do it.
ALEX: Oh I thought he would be cool about us hanging out.
SCOTT: He is... he just doesn't want me to get hurt again.
ALEX: Scott I miss you. I won't ever hurt you.
SCOTT: Alex I can't deal with this right now...Mitch is mad at me. He saw your text and got upset because I told him nothing happened between us yesterday.
ALEX: So you lied to him?
SCOTT: Yeah, I know I shouldn't have.
ALEX: Scott... I don't want to hurt you. But you do realise that I also don't wanna get hurt.
SCOTT: What do you mean?
ALEX: I know you care about Mitch. And he seems to be making a big deal out of this. Just make sure nothing is getting in the way...
SCOTT: Oh God no, Alex. He's my best friend, I've told you that's just it. I miss you too. And... I don't wanna ruin things between us. Let's just take it slow, alright?
ALEX: Good to know. But why did you leave earlier yesterday, then? What went wrong?
SCOTT: Nothing, absolutely nothing. I'm sorry about that. It's just that I wasn't entirely sure of what I wanted. But I think I'm figuring it out.
ALEX: I hope so.