•eleven•

Dove Taylor stirs her tea with her pinky finger, staring at the swirling liquid with unease. Draco had gone out with his mother this morning, and he had yet to arrive and it was seven at night!

She is worried, that much is true. She fears Narcissa may have been overpowered by You-Know-Who and decided to bring her son to him. She doesn't want to see her boyfriend be taken from her! It'd been almost six years since she first met him and since she first started fancying him.

She remembers the day she met him, when she had accidentally bumped into him while waiting for the train to Hogwarts. That day also happens to be the day she started fancying the Slytherin boy.

A small, short brunette by the name of Dove Taylor weaves her way through many crowds of people. She drags her suitcases and owl, Hazel, behind her, frowning when people don't move out of her way.

She finally stops walking for a moment to catch her breath. She'd been running through people as that had proven to be more effective than anything else she had tried. She'd garnered some amusement from it as well; seeing people's shocked faces as she ran full force at them was hilarious.

She spots a quick route to one of the many train doors and readies herself to fly at it. She tightened her grip on her things and starts to run. Unfortunately, she doesn't make it very far, as a bright-haired boy suddenly gets in her way.

She hurdles into him, and they both fall to the ground in a heap. Luckily, she had let go of her things so they wouldn't fall as well. The boy wasn't so lucky. His things toppled down around them, but luckily, none of them opened.

"I am so sorry!" Dove squeaks. "Going through these crowds is the hardest thing ever, especially when you're as short and small as I am! I was trying to get to the train, and then suddenly you were there, and I am just so sorry!"

She loads his things back up while he simply stares at her with a weird look on his face. He must think she's crazy.

"I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy," he introduces himself, sticking out a hand. "And stop apologizing. It was just as much my fault as it was yours."

"Dove Taylor," the girl replies shyly, shaking his hand.

"Oh, Lorraine and David Taylor's daughter?" He asks with peaked interest.

She nods with a small grin, realizing just who he is as well. Lucius and Narcissa Black-Malfoy's only son. He was very handsome, she couldn't help but think. With platinum blond hair that almost seems unreal and stormy grey eyes that seem so dark for just a small boy, he was very mysterious and alluring, even for an eleven-year-old boy. 

"Well, I think we'll be good friends," he tells her, smiling a bit.

"I hope so!" She replies. "I assume you're hoping for Slytherin?"

"Well, of course," he responds, "and you?"

"Hufflepuff, actually," she says quite nervously. "My mum and dad were both Hufflepuff, and they really enjoyed it. I know that many pure-bloods prefer Slytherin over any other Houses besides for maybe Gryffindor, but I'd really like Hufflepuff."

"You ramble a lot," he observes with a keen eye.

"Sorry," she mumbles, looking at the ground.

"And apologize a lot," he further says. She opens her mouth to apologize once more but he stops her, "Don't. It's cute."

A blush quickly overtakes both of their faces when they realize what he had said.

"We should get on the train. Would you like to sit together?" Dove asks, barely able to speak.

"I'd love too," Draco quickly states.

The two disappear onto the train, sitting together in a compartment alone, laughing and talking for the entirety of the train ride.

Dove sighs, a tear rolling down her cheek. She thinks that moment, when they sat together on the train for the first time, is when she fell in love with him. She always dreamt of falling in love at first sight as a child, but as soon as it happened, she didn't want to believe she had.

She thought she was too young. She thought it was her hormones. Now, though, she knows differently. Or maybe she doesn't. Whatever the case may be, she knows she's in love with Draco Malfoy.

They'd been dating for about two months, and ever since they'd moved in together, she knew she was falling even more deeply in love with him. And now that there's a chance he may be taken from her... Dove can't help but begin to cry, her heart clenching painfully.

The fireplace before her suddenly roars a bright green, and she looks up with teary eyes. Her boyfriend exits from the fireplace, shaking soot off of him as he whistles a cheery tune.

"Oh, Draco!" Dove cries, rushing into his arms.

"Dove? What's wrong, love?" He asks worriedly, taken aback at her teary state. "What happened?"

"I thought something had happened to you!" She despairs, holding onto him tightly, her legs wrapped around his waist. "I can't lose you!"

"You won't, darling," he whispers, kissing her gently. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Draco, I-I," she starts, not clambering off of him just yet. She feels it then. That same feeling of bravado she felt when she first kissed his cheek. "I'm in love with you. I love you, and I think I have since the first day I ran you over."

His eyes widen, and a huge smile overtakes his face as he brings her into a passionate kiss that leaves her reeling.

"And I love you, my Dove," he murmurs, kissing her over and over again.