다섯.

Chapter Five !

It was Saturday morning.

Mark just pulled over at Jackson's house. Last night, they had made an agreement for Mark to come over. It was just 11 in the morning and Jackson suggested coming around that time since his parents would be at work. 

Mark sighed as he turned off the engine and stayed seated. He can't believe he was in this position once again and that Jackson would forget about it. Yes, he apologized, but he felt like that wasn't enough. He wanted to talk about it with him so there won't be any more events like them in the future. 

I don't want to regret this

After sitting there for a few minutes, Mark finally got out of his car. His mind was still occupied with thoughts. Does he want to be here right now? Lay down on his bed instead, waiting until his shift? Still thinking, Mark just knocked on the front door.

Should I take this chance?

Should I talk about it?

Should I leave?

"Mark." 

He turned his head and saw Jackson standing there, looking at him with a frown. Mark widened his eyes, wondering how he didn't hear the door opening.

"Oh, sorry," Mark said. "I'm kind of sleepy today." 

"Yeah, I guess you are," Jackson nodded. "Because I was wondering why you knocked when you have a key." 

Mark frowned and fumbled through his keys and checked that Jackson was right. He sighed and walked inside the home.

"Let's not waste more time. I got work at 2." He told the younger as he plopped down on the couch.

Jackson looked at Mark and wondered if he was okay. "Are you sure you're just tired?" He asked.

"Uh... yeah." Mark said and closed his eyes. "I stayed up late last night." 

"Okay," Jackson said. "Do you want some water?"

"Yeah." Mark answered and heard Jackson walking away. 

He opened his eyes and sat up on the couch. Just sitting there, alone with his thoughts once again. Is he doubting Jackson? Or is he just making a mistake? Mark doesn't know. He's afraid that things will go bad again. He has given a lot of chances. Why is he still here? What is forcing him not to look away? 

He's aware, but he doesn't do anything. He wants to, but for some odd reason, he can't. 

Is he really weak?

"Mark." Jackson called him and the older turned. "Here you go." 

"Oh, um, thanks." Mark grabbed the glass of water and takes a sip, not wanting to do much at the moment.

Jackson looked at him and wondered what was wrong with him. He's not being his usual self, he's been spacing out for a while. 

"I'm not good with this but um, you can talk to me. Is there something wrong?" Jackson asked him, holding his hands.

Mark looked at him and wondered, did he really change? Why this sudden question? During the time together, they had never opened up about their feelings. Sure, he wants to talk about it but he fears that Jackson will freak out. Maybe he wouldn't be ready for it. 

"Um, it'll wear out soon. Don't worry." Mark told him. 

"You sure?"

"Yeah," Mark nodded and stood up from the couch. "Enough of this heartfelt talk, what are we doing today?"