Chapter 14- Ethan's Origin

If you guys thought that people were starting at me enough, today was three times even worse. I went to school with people literally gawking at me from a mile away. This time, I could hear their entire conversation.

"Isn't she the one that came out in the news yesterday?"

"What happened to her chin?"

"Poor thing. Probably didn't even know what hit her."

"Is she new around here? I've never seen her before."

My head throbbed with all the questions they threw each other but loud enough for me to hear. It was like an annoying buzz to the ear that just wouldn't stop. I had to breathe in deeply several times when I reached my locker.

Not only that, I felt like as if my privacy had been invaded. My heart thudded loudly as I tried to diminish the fact that every single person in the school was looking at me, judging me and talking about me.

My mind was racing with continuous thoughts and before I knew it, I slammed my locker door and ran to the door leading to the back of the school. The very same door I used a few days before after nearly bumping into Katie outside the toilet.

I gasped for air as the door opened and the sunlight hit me. I threw my bag onto the floor and walked back and forth the corridor while holding my chest.

"Okay, calm down. Calm down. Alexa you got this. Just calm down. No one is looking at you. I mean there is but stop assuming. You're being paranoid. Breathe in, out," I had to tell myself before I went completely insane.

I jumped up and down several times at the same spot wishing my paranoia could stop getting the better of me for once. Then, I bit the middle section of my second finger as hard as I could.

"Stop, stop, stop," I muttered.

"Stop what?"

I jumped out of fright this time, my finger flying out of my mouth which caused me to accidentally slipped on a pebble on the ground and fall. The fall was pretty slow motion and when my body hit the ground flat, my heart already felt like it stopped pumping.

I was looking up at the sky for a few seconds and the only thing I could think of was thank the heavens above that my paranoia is gone. Quick footsteps were heard before a voice appeared from the silence, "Oh gosh. Alexa? You dead?"

Reality came back into my mind and I inhaled before I felt the back of my head stinging in pain. "Ow." That was all I could manage to say before I slowly got up with Ethan's help.

"Nope. You're not dead. Let's get you up."

"Way to state the obvious, Sherlock," I rubbed my head.

"You okay? What were you doing?" He asked me with concern lacing his voice.

"Nothing. Just... Self meditating," I told him and took a seat beside my forgotten bag on the ground.

He looked at me for a moment and joined me. "Meditating doesn't involve talking. Or jumping around."

I whipped my head at his sentence maybe a little to fast and my neck started to hurt a little. "How much of that did you see?" I asked him.

"Enough," He chuckled.

"Don't give me that answer, Ethan. I've heard it way too many times in this lifetime. TELL ME," I ordered with a bit more authority.

"Fine. It was right before you started jumping. I heard a noise or some sort of chatter here so I came to find out," He shrugged.

"Do you try to find every single mysterious voice you hear everywhere? Cause that could get you into a whole new level of trouble," I told him. "And why aren't you getting ready for class? Why are you here?"