Chapter 18: Sacrifice

Half an hour later, the heavy rain blew on the ground, the innocent sky was covered with dark clouds and from time to time, there was a crackle of lightning and a roar of thunder. There was no sign of pause from the fury of the raging winds and the torrential downpour of rain.

Through the curtain of rain, they saw Wang Jingwen's silhouette as she let the wind and rain blow on her now shivering body, she didn't complain or act half-heartedly. She just held her weakened body with both hands, she could not help but tremble. The heavy makeup on her face was now washed away completely, and at the same time, her beautiful and pitiful face was thoroughly presented to the eyes of the crowd. It was almost as if her feeling of arrogance was also being washed away and at this moment, she looked like a beautiful flower withering in the wind and rain. She was like a rose not only pure but also graceful.

Zhang Xiaohua was still reclined on a soft sofa, he held a tablet computer in his hand and was playing a small game casually. He was too lazy to even look at Wang Jingwen, it was as if he had completely forgotten her existence.

On the contrary, in his heart, Yuan Datong could not bear it.

Although Wang Jingwen was rude earlier, she was just a girl. At this point, she had been showering for more than half an hour. After all this, it wouldn't be a surprise if she became ill.

"Xiaohua, I think this should be enough. You should let her in now." Yuan Datong took the lead to help Wang Jingwen. He was neither cold-hearted or evil enough to bully a girl till she was sick.

"Yeah, boss, I think she has already learnt her lesson." Emma followed suit, and Xiaohai and others also nodded in favour.

Only now did Zhang Xiaohua turn his eyes away from the computer screen. First, his eyes swept through the few people in front of him before he turned his head to look outside at Wang Jingwen. He was silent for a long period of time, he just saida cold sentence: "Let her come in."

Zhang Xiaohua also didn't want to do too much to her. If she really contracts some sort of disease, it would certainly affect the progress of various tasks. Besides, there are still too many things to do below, the time was limited and mistakes could not be made.

After receiving the permission of Zhang Xiaohua, Yuan Datong volunteered himself as he ran to Wang Jingwen's side in one breath and immediately grabbed her arm to pull her in.

Emma rushed to get a dry towel and helped Wang Jingwen wipe her wet body, she then took off her coat and covered Wang Jingwen. For fear that she had caught cold, Xiaohai had poured a cup of warm water and handed it to Wang Jingwen in order to keep her warm.

Seeing everyone busy with Wang Jingwen, Zhang Xiaohua had felt helpless.

These guys really did have a Buddha's heart. They were obviously a bunch of good angels who couldn't resist to help others, even after they were being insulted.

They don't seem to understand that sometimes, it was better to be an evil devil than to be a good angel.

"Zhang... Zhang boss, may I ask you... what else do you need me to do?" Wang Jingwen looked at Zhang Xiaohua earnestly and shyly asked with a trembling voice.

Wang Jingwen didn't seems to have time for anyone else except Zhang Xiaohua. Of course, this was because she was very clear that only this Zhang boss was the highest decision maker of the company. So, she did what she had to do to, as she was willing to do anything in order to gain the opportunity to get her hands on the song's vocals position.

Zhang Xiaohua stood up casually from the couch. He first looked at the time and looked up at Wang Jingwen before he replied succinctly: "First go back and familiarise with the lyrics of the song, then be here for 9:00 in the morning with an identity document to sign the contract. I do not want you in this sort of dress, and I also don't want to see your face covered in foundation or lipstick. I want you to dress simple and plain, or else do not blame me for turning you away."