Osterfield : Midnight

"It's a wonder we didn't
meet after 12 eh?"

"It's a wonder we didn't meet after 12 eh?"

Warning:
I did not proofread this

Saturday
3:57 pm

The yellow flares of the sun went shining through my eyes as I slowly cracked them open after a deep, long slumber. We have finally arrived at our destination after hours and hours of driving on the road. My friends, or colleagues in this situation perhaps, and I are here for our research, the key requirement for us to graduate. All three looks from my mates were on me as I groaned. I am a bit moody when my sleep is bothered.

The four of us got out of the vehicle we rented. If you were wondering as to why we have to rent a car when we could just use our own, we travelled overseas just to get the quality information we want for this study. We didn't want to give something we just read off the related literatures found in online journals. Our main goal is to give the best output that we can; we want our paper to be a part of an international conference.

Everyone picked their luggages up from the trunk of the car, and rolled them through the rough cement road of the parking lot leading to the lobby of the hotel. The boys of our team carried the equipment bought with us, leaving us, the girls, to bring their backpacks for them. Not that I'm complaining, but the backpack that I'm carrying is way beyond heavier than my backpack, luggage, and purse all combined. It was like he packed his entire flat into this bag. Thank you, Jerome.

Entering the lobby, one can truly say that this is grand and expensive. Actually, I myself am still fascinated with the fact that we will stay here for two whole weeks. I can say that each one of us do have the money, but to stay here for quite long period of time at one of their premiere suites in separate rooms, that's another story. It is very unusual for students to have this, in my knowledge at least.

"I'll check us all in," Luke pointing towards the front desk. "Y'all can sit down and relax."

Luke took off as we headed to the couches that were waiting for us. The first thing that I did upon reaching it is placing Jerome's backpack "gently" on the ground. Plopping down sofa, a familiar face went into the frame of my eyes; however, I wasn't that sure whether I have the right guy in mind or not. I just continued glaring on Jerome who was laughing endlessly.

Sunday
2:14 am

It turned out to be a successful day one, we accomplished more than what we oughted to do despite the fact that we only had half of the day left. Obviously, the team got tired causing them to doze off in our separate rooms hours ago from this given point of time. For some reason, I was still awake, not a single cell in my body is tired. I got out of my room to explore this hotel, and see what it has to offer.