Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I ask Ashton, who's finishing off his third stacked sandwich as of now. Thankfully, he dropped the conversation earlier about Hunter after I told him it was just a friend who wanted to hangout. He almost freaked out, but I explained to him the weak excuses I made up so Hunter wouldn't come over and I wouldn't blow his cover. Of course, Ashton laughed at my expense but still thanked me.

"Sure," Ashton nodded with his mouth full. "What movies do you have?"

My eyes stammered toward the living room, staring at the wooden cabinet that held all of our movies. More than half of the movies consist of Disney movies because Kate couldn't exactly watch anything else, mainly because she was too young and partially because she refuses to watch anything else.

I shrugged my shoulders, beginning to stride over to the cabinet. Ashton traveled behind me and I could hear his jaw smacking as he ate his food, an annoying sound that never failed to disturb me.

Just as I turned around to scold him, he swallowed the last bite of his sandwich and sent me a sloppy grin. I rolled my eyes and faced the cabinet again, this time opening the glass cabinet door to reach a movie.

"What are you guys doing?" Kate's small voice appeared from behind us, gradually getting closer.

I was about to tell her, but Ashton gladly beat me to it.

"We're watching a movie," Ashton said cheerfully, his dimples showing. I huffed, almost for no apparent reason.

Ashton kneeled down on his knees, lowering to Kate's level.

"Want to watch it with us? You can pick out the movie," Ashton smiled, inviting her. Of course, Kate bounced on her heels and nodded her head fiercely with short squeals. Ashton grinned widely, clearly satisfied with her answer.

Kate tugged at the hem of his sweatshirt the same way she would do to me when she knew what she wanted. Ashton chuckled in amusement, watching her yank on his sweatshirt.

"Let's watch Tangled!" Kate beamed with her emerald eyes bright devouring hope as she regarded Ashton for permission to watch Tangled.

Ashton rose to his feet, a wide smirk plastered on his face, which almost seemed too real. I knew he was shaking off this act just to please Kate, and it was disturbing but yet at the same time absolutely adorable.

"Tangled," He hummed, glancing at me and then back to Kate. "That's my favorite movie."

Kate nearly screamed before her small hands clasped around his waist. "Mine, too!"

I narrowed my eyes at Ashton, even though at the same time I adored the fact he was great with children. It sent off a comforting vibe.

"Okay," I spoke up, sighing. Ashton lifted her up and her small legs ringed around his waist. I observed as he sat her on the sofa before he sat down, and then she automatically clung to his forearm.

Ashton chuckled as she repeatedly poked his cheeks where the dimples would indent, like she did only hours ago when Ashton first arrived here.

I turned around and shrugged my shoulders when Ashton looked at me. I wasn't that interested in what he had to say right now, and I was ready to get the movie in and over with. For some reason, I feel like my moods are swinging and swooshing, leaving my emotions in a swirled wreck.

Ignoring Kate's giggles, I slid the DVD into the machine and switched on the flat screen TV with the remote. I sat myself down comfortably on the other side of the sofa, leaving Kate and Ashton plenty of room.