Chapter Six

Chapter Six

I flashed my eyes open due to the luminosity that pierced through my eyelids. My vision was hazy and blurred, so I squinted my eyes against the bright light to find my glasses. I was currently waking up from a slumber that finally sunk me under at around four in the morning. I'm snugged into the duvet Ashton offered me, also while in his bed since he insisted he slept on the floor. Of course, I didn't argue.

In order to actually sneak me inside, Ashton had me waiting in the abnormal temperature of freezing weather for about half an hour before he returned back outside, in which he wasn't true to his words considering he promised he wouldn't be long. He then swept me inside, anxiously staring down the hallways with a nervous expression, even though he was 'completely' positive everyone- including the guards and security- would not be near the room he would be staying in while he visited for the tour, granting him privacy. I almost scoffed at the thought, because Ashton told me the one thing he never had was privacy. I still couldn't tell if that was true or not.

Meanwhile, my hands finally gripped onto a pair of glasses and I sighed in relief, until nearly jumping out of my skin when I felt warm skin across my fingertips.

"I thought you needed these," Ashton chuckled, his morning voice dragging his tone. I gently swiped my glasses from his hand, settling them on the bridge of my nose as I perked up, my vision finally sharpening and clearing.

I stare at Ashton, who was sat at the edge of the bed, his toned torso exposed to all of its glory because he wasn't wearing a shirt. The only cloth covering Ashton right now was the denim jeans he's currently wearing. He returns my stare, a small half-smile tugging at the edge of his lips. His dirty blonde hair was ruffled in a morning mess, and he scattered it even more when he raked a hand through his thick hair.

"I was looking for them," I finally say, collapsing the silence. Ashton nodded, almost like he expected me to say that.

"Is your vision bad?" He questions, situating himself in a more comfortable position.

My vision wasn't the best, but it also wasn't the worst. I couldn't see long range distances very well, and sometimes light could interfere with my vision. Overall, my eyes were sensitive at most, which is why I'm not really find of contacts as much, but tend to wear them anyways.

"It's not perfect, but it's not the best, either," I answer him truthfully as I soak up my surroundings. I figured this entire room was pretty basic and bland because it was only temporarily stay for him, so it's not like he would be staying here forever.

"Do you ever wear contacts?" He continues and I groan. I've literally just woken up, and here I was; being bombed with questions.

"Ashton," I whined, "It's too early for this many questions."

"It was only two questions?" Ashton chuckled, raising his eyebrows at my expense. I huffed, it was still a lot of questions.

"One too many," I pout, rolling my eyes as Ashton shook his head. "What time is it, anyway?"

"Uh, seven-thirty?" Ashton says, his eyes piercing behind me. I followed his gaze, landing on the modern digit clock. I nearly shook in my own skin.

"Why the heck did you wake up so early?!" I internally groaned, leaning back in the mattress and dragging the blanket back over my body.

"Shh!" Ashton hushed. "You're up early, too."

I rolled my eyes underneath the duvet. "This is ridiculous! Shut off the light. I'm going back to sleep."

I shuffled myself more comfortably, allowing my head fall into the patch of soft fluffy pillows. It was weird that this bed was much more comfortable than the one I have at home.