3

Jieun

Jieun

"This is a joke, right?" I whisper to myself the moment I see what the secretary of my boss, the CEO of the company I work in, pasted in the announcement board.

!!!Announcement!!!
Everyone, including staff will be asked to sing a small piece in front of the CEO.
No exemptions.
It will take place tomorrow,
in the CEO's office.
Be absent tomorrow?
Take it the next day.

Jungkook

The moment I finished getting myself ready and contemplating about the fact that I'd be handing such news to the CEO himself, I rushed out the door with my proof at hand.

"So, are you saying that this JL person, who is a famous anonymous artist on youtube, works here or something like that? Uhm, just because you heard her sing in the ladies' room?"

I bit my lip, nervous 'cause I just heard it come out of someone else's mouth and I too, someone who has the proof, would think that I've gone bonkers.

"Could you give this a listen?" I handed him the USB where I transferred the copy of the audio I recorded. "I'll listen to it now, have a seat."

I sat down in front of him, fiddling on the hem of my shirt a little bit. "The instrumental is— oh my, this is her real voice?" I nodded.

What's so great about her is that she sings them live; doesn't tweak them whatsoever.
She goes in front of a microphone, wait for her instrumental to start then sing along; you'd hear how real her talent is cause she had a blooper where her dog was barking in the background when she got to the second chorus.

"Call my secretary!" CEO-nim shouted.
He wrote stuff on some pad paper he had on his desk then said, "Announce these to the trainees and staff."

Jieun

"I don't even know how to sing? My voice might just crack, ugh!" Complained some of the hair stylists.

"We're going to find that JL person, alright Jungkook?" CEO-nim said while patting Jungkook's back as he got out of his office.
We all bowed at him as a sign of respect.

"Hey miss J!" Jungkook calls out to me making me freeze. "You- you know JL from youtube?" I asked with a stutter, "Yeah!" He shouted excitedly, "You know her too? I'm a big fan! I adore her music and I love the fact that she hides her identity- she's like you actually."

I gulped. "Why is CEO-nim looking for her though?" I asked, trying to act cool about the situation. "He wants to scout her into being an idol trainee." My eyes widened.
What if this is my chance to follow my dreams?

Jungkook

I was finally home. I lived at the dorm near the company so that I could go to training as early as possible.

I remembered about the girl who saved my life.
I didn't really give her a proper thank you last time. Knock. Knock.

"Hey Jungkook!" A greeting from a friend of mine was warmly showered upon me as I let him in. "You didn't say that you'd come, hyung?" I asked.

"Well, that's what surprises are for, right?" He grinned. "Right, I've asked around about the Jieun whom you mentioned, it was a bit hard since it's a common name- I described it just the way you did and turns out, my girlfriend is her friend." I chuckled. "Small world, huh, Kook?" I nodded.

"My girlfriend said that we could meet anytime soon if you want?"