Chapter 2: Laundry boy

Jeon Jooyeon

"Can you do something about him?", the guy earlier said, snapping me out of my thoughts as I looked at him.

"Y-yes? I'm sorry for--um, what was that?"

The guy chuckled, "I mean, he is distracting other users so can you advise him or something?"

"Ah, alright."

The guy smiled warmly, nodding as he walked back towards his seat while I made my way towards the familiar looking guy. "Excuse me?"

No response.

I lightly patted his shoulder as he looked up to me with his face scrunched in frustration. "What do you want?"

I was lowkeyly stunned at his reaction being a bit too harsh. I rolled my eyes at the rude dude, cause I've seen this kind of customer too many times already. "Excuse me, ahjussi. You are distracting other users in this library so it's either you,", I pointed at him, "be a little considerate or I'll need to blacklist your name from our--"

"The laundry girl.", he suddenly blurted out, making me confused, and his naughty smirk makes me drown in my sea of confusion. "E-excuse me? W-what did you just say?"

"Laundry girl, you're that pretty laundry girl.", he smiled sweetly, showing his cute gummy smile which is definitely his charm other than his pale skin.

"Laundry girl? What do you mean--"

Oh wait.

He is that grumpy guy!

That grumpy guy that almost getting a punch from Jungkook!

Yes, that's him!

The guy...

"That slept on my shoulder comfortably."

I noticed his uneasy self as he tidy up his things and dragged me by my wrist, avoiding any skin contact as he dragged me out of the library, heading to the library cafeteria which I didn't even acknowledge its presence.

"Let's talk here."

He ordered two hot chocolate drinks for the both of us, smiling at me as he propped his elbows, cupping his face, literally making a flower pose as his eyes pierced into my soul.

"So, why did you even end up here?", he asked. I looked away, before looking back at him. "I worked here, idiot. For almost a year now.", I said, taking a sip on the hot chocolate--

"Holy shit, what the hell is this??"

He bluntly looked up to me, his eyebrows scrunched in just above the bridge of his nose. "What the hell is what?", he asked, sipping onto his coffee that taste like a freaking cat's shit.

"What is this?? I thought it's a hot chocolate drink!", I pouted, drinking the plain water in my bag and I praised Jungkook for packing it for me and forced me to bring it along today.

"How can you say that a luwak smells like a freaking hot chocolate drink? Ah, you only have 4 senses?", he laughed, as his eyes formed his another charm; eyesmiles, and he is looking undeniably cute with this kind of expression.

"Yah! I am so not joking about this. Bye!", I was about to get back to work when he grabbed my wrist, as I looked down to him who's still sitting on the flowery seat. "What else?", I asked him, and by the look on his face right now, I can tell that he's a bit unsure of what he's going to say later, as he gulped nervously.

"What is your name?"

I scrunched my face in confusion at his weird question, "Why would you want to know?"

He looked a bit offended as I said it, causing his grip on my wrist to slowly loosening. "Yeah, of course. You won't tell me cause I'm just a stranger you met in a freaking laundry and our second meeting today is just another..."

"..coincidence."

He stood up as he held his ipad close to his armpit, walking away from me. But before he could go a little further, I literally yelled out my name,

"Jeon Jooyeon!"

He stopped at his track, for about 5 seconds before continuing stepping forwards and left me alone at the cafeteria. "I guess he didn't hear me, but I ain't got no time for repetition.", I shrugged and went back to work--

Wait.

He didn't tell me his name.

----------------------------------------------------

I was arranging books back at the shelves after flipping the 'OPEN' sign into a 'CLOSE' sign as we both are busy tidying up the place so we can get home earlier than we are supposed to be.

While I was putting the story books with letter 'A' as their first letter, back into the shelves, I heard Dayoung's mop fell onto the floor, shocking the heck out of me.

"Yah, you just scared the heck out of me!", I scolded Dayoung as she just lowly mumbled an apology. I turned my head back to the shelf--

"AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!", I screamed, shocked of Jungkook's face with his eyes wide, between the empty spaces in between the books.

He laughed out loudly, as his eyes crinkled into crescent shape, as he walked towards me at the other side of the shelf. "Holy, I should've get my camera ready just now!"

"Jeon Jungkook, that was so not funny.", I told him, glaring at him as I smacked him with a thick poetic book.

"Yo, my little sister!", he suddenly beamed excitedly, as I sighed, "For the only god knows how many times, Jungkook. I am not your sis--"

"Yah, I was talking about Dayoung. Not you.", he said, as he wrapped his arm around Dayoung's slim waist, stucking his tongue out mockingly at me.

Dayoung dropped the mop to the floor again, causing Jungkook to look at her in anxiety. "Are you okay?", he asked worriedly, as Dayoung shook her head, before nodding eagerly, excusing herself to the changing room where we'd be changing into or out of our boring plain lilac uniform.

Omg, being sister-zoned must hurt her that she hurts the mop too.

"Is she okay?", Jungkook asked me, snapping me out of my deep thoughts about Dayoung's emotions.

"Huh? Oh, she's fine. Don't worry, Jungcocky."

I think so.

----------------------------------------------------

A yawn left my lips as I approached the usual laundry again, and there was yet again, no one at the laundry.

I smiled proudly at my thought of coming here earlier than usual as I approached the washing machine that I usually used, only to find out that it is out of service.

"Damn it.", I cursed underneath my breath as I knocked the big cube-shape machine. I shoved my clothes into the washing machine next to mine, (literally mine cause I am the usual customer who'd use it) and walked towards the bench, settling down, until a guy spoke up,

"What are you doing here?"