Brave .

I'm knew to this so please just give it a shot.

- Prologue.

The wind ran its thin fingers through my auburn hair, making it fly and twist into flames in the wind.

My fingers fiddled with the scratched nail varnish that remained on my finger nails.

We sat outside under the patio of the rustic log cabin, listening to the rain pattering on the tin roof and the echoes of the wild birds cries.

The floor covered with rusty leaves from the autumn trees, and the vines covered with damp moss.

Wrapped in Damon's checkered red and black quilted coat I was toasty warm in the earths cold.

Unlike other teenage girls I preferred the soothing sounds of the rain and the winds icy breath, not the hot beach.

We sat in silence both comfortable enough to sit together without the need of conversation.

Finally after several minutes I broke the silence.

"Damon can I ask you a question?" I shyly asked , shielding my face with my long auburn hair.

"You just did." smirking he crossed his legs loosely in front of him, his arms resting behind his head. 

Rolling my eyes at his childish behaviour he chuckled and poked his tongue out at my reaction .

"Does everyone know you came to see me." my voice broke in the middle, with the scared emotions that riddled through me.

Leaning forward in his chair his eyebrows furrowed in concentration,moments passed before he made another movement .

My heart thundered in my chest-waiting for his response.

Sighing he brought his hand up to rub his face,he always did that when he was troubled or lying.I sincerely hoped it was the first option.

"Damon?" I asked my voice more urgent.

His head shot up facing me directly cursing before he muttered the words which crushed my burning soul.

"Gabriel knows Jenna.He wanted to come but after everything thats happened I knew you wouldn't have wanted that." His voice quiet and weak with wrenched quilt.

I was angry at Damon, I had trusted him and he and broken the one promise I had given him.

But after everything Gabby had put me I couldn't believe Damon had told him.

Saying his name made my chest clench in agony.

"Damon you promised!" Anger boiled under my skin.

 "I know he wont come though." His voice firm and sure.

Secretly I knew that Damon was right,Gabby had made it clear he wanted nothing more to do with me after all he wasn't the only one.

Closing my eyes I tried to calm myself. I could feel Damon's gaze stil firm on my skin yet I refused to cave into his gaze . Knowing full well he would be giving my puppy eyes.

Sighing I lifted myself of the wood woven swinging chair, walked down the several aged steps that led to the cabin. 

I felt the rain dribble down my heated skin and through the strands of hair that blew behind me in the wind. I heard the chair behind me squeak as Damon removed his weight from the chair in efforts to pursue me.

"Don't.Just don't."

"Jenn-" Waving my hands behind me I cut of his speech before he could try to explain himself further.

"No Damon give me some space. I just need to think. Alone for a while." I exclaimed, standing from the floor and shaking off the debris.

Seconds passed and no further movement was made. Then the front door to the cabin swung open and closed with a small thud.

Sighing I knew he had listened to me.

I walked forward through the clearing opposite the house. The mud squelched under my feet as they slipped and slid around. Leaves covered the wet floor, three large piles racked to the left of the house, along with the aged rusty shed.

Trying to forget the previous months and how Damon had broken my one promise I had told him to keep .

There first extract/prologue tell me what you think :') -cole