Chapter 5

Hello I'm back!

How's all my readers?

I'm lacking time to write frequent updates for all my books so I will be placing Brave on hold maybe after this chapter or my next.

Here we go!

"So... how've you been?" He asked me in his soothing tone.His hands shoved deep into his pockets, his body stiff and his eyes gazing intently at the floor.

"Good." I replied.

Silence echoed through the room, only my heavy breathing and the occasional shuffle of feet and the birds cries broke the lack of conversation.

"What have you been up to?" He finally spoke, his expression unfathomable. His eyes tired with dark bags underneath. He looked aged. As if he hadn't slept in years, his face almost gaunt. He was not the Gabby I knew.

"Not much. Shopping as you know, nothing else really."I answered.

"Did you get that thing sorted with your family?" He asked, gesturing awkwardly with his hands.

"Yeah.I am adopted but I guess I was being stupid to think that changed anything.Theyre still my family." The was what I had to tell him, all that he could know.

I felt a string pull in my chest as I realised the truth needed to be kept from him at all times.He could never know the truth.

"Good. I'm glad."

"Me too."

The silence was awkward, more than I ever expected. He had hurt me on that night, more than he could know.

What was I supposed to say?

"Look we need to talk. About that night. " I whispered, my gaze intent on the far wall behind his body.

"I know." His tone laced with unspoken emotions.

Silence, Yet again.

"I was out of order."

"Yeah you were." I replied, toying with the button on my jean pocket.

"I know. I miss you, can we put it behind us, please?" He pleaded gently.

"Okay, just friends?"

"Friends." He smiled. His glow was back and the awkwardness was dwindling away.

"I am sorry for you know that I went too far." He murmured, a slight blush covering his cheeks.

"Yeah you did."

"I just thought that you reciprocated."

"Well I don't, you're just a friend Gabs"

"Just a friend." He repeated. Laughing he nodded in agreement.

"Tea?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Sure."

To be continued....

This story is being placed on hold until I finish where my life begins and I can be inspired to write more on this story.

Sorry to all my readers/fans who enjoy this book but perhaps you could try out my other works?

Thank you.

- Cole