↠ it's a date!

chapter 9

edited

Michael - 7 years old
Angel - 3 years old

"shut up Cassandra! I'm sick of you making up excuses. I have tried and stayed to keep our family close but you just had to ruin it again!" I hear my dad scream from the other room. Michael cuddles me closer to his chest as he attempts to cover my ears.

tears leak from my eyes as I bury my head on Michael's shirt. mom and dad were fighting again. even if I'm only 3, I can see the sudden change in my dad, he used to look at my mom with this spark in his eyes. then all of a sudden the spark was gone.

looking up at my big brother, I see him trying to stop his tears as he smiles at me, but his eyes were red rimmed and hopeless.

our family was tearing up at the very center.

"michael?" I ask then I sniffle.

"yes Angel?" he says then kisses the top of my head.

"is our family gonna break up?" I ask timidly and he hugs me tighter as I bury my head at the crook of his neck.

he sighs "I don't wanna lie to you angel, but I think our family is." he looks me in the eye "but you and me, we'll be staying together no matter what"

"but what if they rip us apart?" I say, scared as I wrap my arms tighter around my older brother's waist.

"we'll find a way Angel, I promise"

suddenly I noticed that everything turned quiet. mom and dad have stopped fighting. Michael lays us down on the bed as he cuddles me to his chest. he kisses the top of m head and holds me close.
"sweet dreams angel."

.
.
.
.
.

"NO LET ME GO!" I hear Michael's screams as I wake up from my sleep. I turn and see my dad carrying a very reluctant Michael as he thrashes in my father's arms "I PROMISED!"

"w-where are you taking him?" I ask timidly and my mother holds me close to her

"I'll be taking him with m- MICHAEL STOP FIGHTING!"

"NO!" I squeal and my mom tries to restrain me "you can't keep us apart!"

"you don't really have a choice sweetie" my mother said and I shake my head. I can't lose Michael, he was the only thing stable in my life I can't lose him!

"LET HIM GO!" I say and escape my mother's arms. I see her wanting to restrain me again

so I ran.

I ran far away from my house and into an alley. I was a shaking and crying mess. and I had no intentions of going back home.

I curled up in a small ball and sobbed to my hearts content. when I saw a figure, a small boy curled up in a corner as well. he was shirtless, like Michael would be on hot days at home. and I saw what looked like wings.

"hey" I say timidly.

"hi" it whispers back. I gasp. his voice was scary, like stitch from lilo and stitch, but deeper and much more creepier.

"who are you?"

"m- my name's Lucifer" judging by the trembling in his voice he was scared too, and that put me at ease.

"don't be afraid. come into the light" I tell him "my name's Angel"

"I'm not afraid angel, its just that - I rarely talk to humans, much more girls"