Chapter 12

=Marie's P.O.V.=

It takes an half hour to stitch up the wound, but I get it done. I sit back on my heels and wipe my head, and Claire leans in to put on the gauze. She looks back up to me, and I nod, and we both stand up and join the boys in the work room.

=Claire's P.O.V.=

I slowly push open the door to survey the scene before me. My dad has retired to his chair, now in the corner of the room, while Luke is leaning against a wall and Kyle is in the corner on his knees, crying. They all look up to the door, and I step behind my mum so she can tell them the news. The door creaks back shut as I hear her murmur back to the group about Rachel, and I go back with her in my arms and lay her down on a mattress. I pull up a chair and look down at her, we stabilized her and kept her alive, thank god.

There is another creak as everyone exits the room, my parents going to the kitchen, and Kyle comes over to me and Rachel. He stoops down and puts his hand gently on her head, and looks at me. "Thanks.." He quietly says, his voice trailing off as he looks down. I lower my head and stare down at Rachel, she's still unconscious, but all I can hope for is that she doesn't turn when she wakes up. I shift back over to Kyle and give him a hug. "I'm sorry for what happened to her," I say as he hugs me back, and we both sit there, crying into each other's shoulders.

=Luke's P.O.V.=

I walk back up the stairs with mum and dad, and glance back to see Kyle shift over to Claire and Rachel, then swivel my head back up to the kitchen entrance. Dad sits down in another chair, with my mum next to him and Jacob on her lap. I lean up against the wall again. "Are you sure she's not going to turn.." I say as I look over to mum, and she looks up and nods quietly. I shake my head and glance back at the floor, kicking a pebble between my two shoes. 'God dammit, how could I have let this happen, on my watch too! If she turns this is going to be all my fault, what if my family doesn't trust me anymore? No, I know them, Claire and mum did a good job, but all we can do is just hope for the best..'

=John's P.O.V.=

It's been a few minutes passed when Claire and Kyle come back up, both with solemn looks on their faces. Claire lets Kyle have the remaining chair while she sits on the floor next to where Luke is standing, and Jacob bounds off on Marie's lap onto her's. Me and Marie get up to start making dinner, when Marie stops and looks at Kyle. "Kyle, don't worry, I'm sure she'll be fine," she says quietly, then returning stride with me as we go to the cellar. We both step down the stairs into the cupboard, when we hear a loud bang from above. There's a moment of silence, then another, and another. We look at each other, then run up the stairs and find the trap door wide open.

A/N- sorry, I know this is bad, I haven't written for a while and I'm trying to get back in the loop, more to come soon, once again I'm sorry >n<