Chapter 16

-Next day-

=Claire's P.O.V.=

Today, we let Rachel out of her confinement (aha, and you thought I forgot about her). She seems shaky to say in the least, definitely disoriented from the loss of her left arm, but still human. I watch as she tries to walk up the stairs, having trouble with keeping her balance, till Jacob comes over and holds her hand to steady her. I smile at them, then turn to the trap door where Luke and Kyle are already waiting, grab my pistol, and push past them to crawl up the trap door.

Once we're all up, I push open the front door to.. a surprisingly quiet street. We all pile into the jeep, me and Kyle rock,paper,scissors for shotgun and he wins so I claim the back seat. Luke starts the Jeep and we pull out of the driveway, and speed off to the district.

=Kyle's P.O.V.=

I can see Claire shift uncomfortably in the back seat, she probably still feels bad for what happened to Rachel. I turn my gaze back to the road, seeing the district begin to surface through the thick morning fog, sunlight spotting the empty lot.

After we pull into the lot, Luke parks his jeep behind a dumpster to keep it safe, and I jump out first, feeling the misty morning air hit my face. Luke and Claire step out too, and we all make our way to the middle of the lot, when Claire swings around and hands me a screwdriver. "We're going to go unhinge metal poles," she says, thumbing to behind us to a store. I can see Luke to my right pull out a few jugs, probably to fill them up with fuel. and watch him make his way to the pumps. Me and Claire run off to the store, racing eachother (she won) and I opened the door and held it for her with a sarchastic bow as she curtseyed back.

=Claire's P.O.V=

Once inside, I stride over to one of the cashregister machines and rip up the rubber belt, pulling out an old dusty screwdrier and wiping it off, then returning back to Kyle.

I take his hand and we run down the halls to the back, then he helps me pull out a ladder so we can reach the metal beams above. I begin to clamber up the ladder, and he gives it a playful shake as if to scare me. "Kyle! Don't do that," I laugh, and he just gives me a grin back and re-steadies the ladder.

-Unscrewing pole shiz-

I drop the last pole down, then climb back down the ladder and wipe a hand across my forehead. We unscrewed about 10 poles, definintely enough to hold us over.

I walk over to a bunch of boxes laying on the ground and plop myself onto them, and Kyle decides to join me. I feel something touch my hand, and I tense as I realize Kyle had put his hand ontop of mine, resting it gently on the top. I look at him and he gives me a smile, in which I smile back. I begin to feel a tad drowsy, so I lean back and close my eyes, letting sleep take me.

-

A/N

Yayyyy, this ship has finally sailed *eyebrow wiggle, star for the eyebrow wiggle* but yea, getting back on track with this, AND LET ME TELL YOU GUYS, THAT THE OTHER DAY, I WOKE UP TO 500 READS, AND BY THE END OF IT I HAD 807 LIKE HOLY SHIT 300 READS IN ONE DAY?? YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING, AND I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THAT. Anyways, if you liked the chapter please star or comment whats on your mind, and till next time guys,

Stay toasty :)