What Do I Do?

Walking around the ward like a ghost, Jac's mind raced. Was Abigail telling the truth? She wandered in her daze over to her office and plonked herself onto the sofa with a heavy sigh. Suddenly the door burst open and revealed Fletch stood with a frown etched to his forehead.
"What's up Jac? You've been acting weird all morning and completely blanked me when I called you over to ask for help with a patient." He asked as he stood in front of her after shutting the door with a click.
"Nothing. I'm fine." She plastered on a fake smile which wasn't fooling Fletch.
"You aren't but okay if you're going to shut me out again, go ahead. I have work to be doing." He said frustrated that they seemed to be going round in circles and walked out of the office, slamming the door behind him.

Jac sat in the piercing silence for a few minutes and then decided to go over to her desk to get some much procrastinated paperwork done. However it was about fifteen minutes later that she realised that all she had done was zone out into her own little world and no work had been completed. Why do I always have to be like this, she thought. I need to sort this out, I need to know the truth.

Jac pushed her chair back violently and stood up, flinching slightly at the sharp pain in her side caused by her quick movements. She marched out of her office, across the ward and into Fletch's office without knocking.
"Fletch-" She snapped but stopped shortly when she saw Abigail Tate perched on the side of his desk. "Fletch can I have a word please? In private." She tried again with a scowl directed at Miss Tate. Jac put emphasis on the "in private bit" and watched as Abigail stood from her place on the desk. The CEO smirked at Jac as she brushed past her and left the office.

"So you've decided to talk to me then?" He said with a raised eyebrow as the door clicked shut. This riled Jac up again, along with the previous presence of Abigail in the office.
"I don't understand why you're playing the victim here." She snapped back.
"I'm not playing the victim-" He started.
"She told me what you've been up to in her office." Jac sneered.
"I don't understand. I haven't been up to anything." Confusion flooded his face.
"Stop trying to play dumb Fletch, you kissed her when she called you to her office. You told her that we meant nothing to you, that there was no 'us'. How could you do this to me Fletch? I'm just gobsmacked that it wasn't me who has done the hurting this time."
"I would never do such a thing! I love you to pieces Jac. She was the one who meant nothing to me, it was fake with her. I didn't think you were coming back so I used her to try and get over you. It didn't work because I love you, always have and always will. But clearly you don't really love me back."
"Of course I love you! Why do you think I'm so hurt by this?" She was now shouting.
"If you really loved me there would be no way you would even believe her in slightest. You clearly don't trust me." He said sadly and stood up from his chair. "I'm sorry Jac but I can't do this anymore." And with that he walked out of the office, letting the door close by itself behind him.

Jac was left standing in his office in pure shock at what had just happened. Tears rolled silently down her cheeks and her heart ached. She stepped forward and picked up the glass that was sat on his desk and launched it at the wall in front of her. She watched as it shattered from the impact and wanted to scream her lungs out. Once again everything had come crashing down around her and she couldn't see anyway to repair it. The surgeon furiously wiped away the tears which were still covering her cheeks and took a deep breath. Jac stepped out of the office and strode through the ward with her usual force and found her way up to the roof. What she hadn't realised was that a familiar friend had watched her storm past him and had noticed something was up.

She sat down in her usual spot and glared down at the floor, willing herself not to cry. A few moments later a figure appeared in fading light beside her and sat down.
"Hey you, I think it's time we had a catch up eh?" The man spoke gently.
"I've messed everything up and I don't know how to fix it." She said with a sigh. "What do I do Sasha?"