Ch.13

I could hear people arguing, but I was too weak to open my eyes.

" You said she would have been awake hours ago" That was Matt I can hear the worry in his voice.

" If she doesn't wake up soon what happens" Taylor God he must have drove all this way worried sick.

"What about the baby? If she doesn't wake up what happens to him?" Brad is here also just great.

" Guys stop she's going to wake up" I felt someone grab both of my hands. It was Shay. Someone moved my hair back, and kissed me cheek. " She's a fighter she will wake up" It was Jared. They all drove here for me.

I squeezed there hands still trying to open my eyes, and they started screaming.

" She squeezed my hand" The doctor walked over talking to me.

" Kaitlynn you're at the hospital can you open your eyes for me" I tried to peel them up, but I started remembering what happened. I started crying, and I felt his hand on my face.

" Baby it's okay" He whispered holding my face. " T-the baby" I cried, and he kissed my cheek. " He okay. He is okay. They just want to make sure he stays there until he's ready" I opened my eyes gazing into his tired ones. The dark circles around his beautiful brown eyes, and it was my fault.

" It's a boy" I cried while Taylor wrapped his arms around me. " I told you, and we already know he's a warrior" He kissed me softly before letting the doctor examine me.

" You've had some contractions, we just need to monitor them. We had to stitch the cut on your eyebrow. You have some light bruising on your stomach that we are watching, but other than that everything looks fine. You'll be sore in your stomach which is why we want to keep you a few days. It will be hard to tell if it's just pain or you're in labor." I thanked him before he left the room with Matt.

That left an angry Brad sitting across the room, Shay and Jared by my bed, and poor Taylor holding my hand chewing his nails.

" Can Kaitlynn and I have a minute?" Taylor asked glaring at Brad. " Come on kids let's go get something to eat" Brad walked them out, and Taylor sat down on the bed holding his head.

"What is your plan?" His voice turned harsh, and his eyes narrowed at me.
"Kaitlynn you left without telling me what the hell was going on" I sat there quietly, and he placed his hand on mine.

"Tell me your plan" I took a deep breath considering what I was going to tell him. I could lie, but that would make things worse.

" I'm giving the baby up. I'm not ready to be a mom. Matt even said so. What are we suppose to do Taylor? Pretend this baby is ours, and never tell him the truth? What about when we have other kids and they don't look like him? What about when he notices he looks more like Brad?" He stopped staring at me like he was thinking.

" Kaitlynn let's leave. Let's just move, and we won't have to tell him anything. He won't know any different than me being his dad and you being his mom" I shook my head at his words.

" Think about it. Me, you, Cole living in a nice house on the beach even. He can grow up loving the water, and I'll teach him how to play sports or even chess. Just us we won't have to tell him any different. We will be his parents." He wrapped his arms around me, and kissed me.

" No one has to know that Brad is the father" It was as if we haven't had enough drama. Shay stormed into the room her face red and ears smoking.

" Brad as in my father" She snapped her eyes shooting daggers at me. On cue Brad and Jared walked in with Matt.

"What's wrong" Brad was staring between us, and my eyes met his. It was like he knew what had happened.

"Shay-" She cut him off asking if this was his baby. His eyes didn't leave mine, and I was hoping he would lie.

" I don't know" Her eyes looked between us, and she didn't need to hear anything else. She knew it now too.

" Babe lets go get some air" Matt wrapped his arm around her and she yanked away from him.

" You knew. You knew she was fucking my dad" He tried to calm down, but my monitors started going off causing the doctor to run in.

"Everybody quiet" He yelled causing them to stop mid sentence. "Arguing is not going to keep this baby inside where he belongs. If she goes into labor his chances of survival are extremely low. So why don't everyone except the father of the child leave." Brad and Taylor made eye contact before looking at me, and I threw my hands up.

"I don't want either of you in here right now. I just wanna be left with Cole." Taylor kissed my forehead, and he walked out behind Brad.

What the hell did I get myself into?