Chapter 3-Wish

"Don't you wish Spider-Man wasn't a bad guy?" My best friend Ava said to me. "I stared into space and said, "Yeah, I think it would be better. He would seem like a nice guy." We were walking home together. I found out yesterday that she lives across the street from me. When we got to our street we went our separate ways. When I got inside I immediately went to my room. I've been doing ji jitsu for a while and I decided that I wanted to incorporate some of Spider-Man's moves into it.

Whenever he's fighting on the tv I like to record it and find some cool moves. I was so into the moves I closed my eyes and imagined I was him. For one part I kicked high up and twisted, adding a little web shoot move at the end. I saw something flash before my eyes and stick to the wall. I screamed and jumped back. I got closer, trying to see what it was. It looked like-a spiderweb. As I recalled what happened I realized that the web came from my HAND.

I backed up in shock and covered my mouth. Just to be sure I put my hands under my bed and tried to lift it. To my surprise it lifted off the ground easily. I scrambled to the corner and hugged my knees to my chest. I don't know what, but having these powers is making me feel terrible, like it was completely bad. I started crying. WHY is my life like this, why?!? I thought to myself. I wish-I wish...
What did I wish? That I was free of these powers, that my parents could come home?
I didn't know, but I knew I needed it.