Chapter 6-Hatred and Love

When I got to school the next morning Peter looked upset. "What's wrong, Peter?" My friend Ava asked him. I stood a few lockers away to listen. "I just don't understand why there has to be a spider girl. There's already a Spiderman.  So-I don't see the point."

"Well, she's the good guy."
Ava replied.
Peter looked at her with the same upset look. "Yeah, But-" he stopped talking and walked away. I went to Ava and asked "what was that all about?" "He's just upset that there's a spider girl." "Why?" I asked. I already knew the answer though. "He thinks one spider person is enough." She laughed.

We went to class. I didn't talk to Peter the rest of the day. When I got home I went up to my room and thought of all the possible ways that Peter would leave me.  Then one thought occurred. I wanted to ignore it, because it was not like Peter. But I couldn't shake the feeling that it was the only possibility. I couldn't sleep that night.

Peter's P.O.V.
—————————————
"Dad, Please. I need this love potion. The situation between Jade and I." I was following my dad around his lab trying to convince him to let me use his love potion so I didn't have to tell Jade who I was and that she would love me again.

"Son, I told you the consequences of this potion. It will wear off. You will have to face her some day." "I know, dad. But I'd rather do this than tell her who I am." He turned around to me and said "than don't tell her. That simple." He turned back around and grabbed some things. "I can't. You know she'll break up with me." I really wasn't winning this fight.

"When did love become more important than winning to bad guys." I rolled my eyes. "Dad, please." He turned back around and sighed. "Alright-but remember, it'll work for one week. ONE." I smiled. "Thank you dad. I'll pay you back." I grabbed the potion and ran out of his lab. I don't have to tell her.

Jade's P.O.V.
——————————
Today at school Peter was acting a little weird. And by that I mean he was super happy for some reason. When he saw me at my locker he speed walked to me and asked me how my day was so far. I mean, seriously. So I just said "good." In an annoyed tone. He handed me something-a drink-that looked like a smoothie. "Here. I got you this." I shut my locker and stood in front of him.

"Now why would you think Id want THAT." He was still smiling. "Just drink it, you'll love it. I promise I'll tell you what is going on if you do." He said. I really did want to know, and what's the harm in drinking a smoothie, so I drank it. After I drank it, I felt like I loved Peter more than anything in the world. I smiled and kissed him. "I love you, Peter." He smiled and replied, "I love you too." We were happy the rest of the day, and I just couldn't pull myself away from him.

I was thinking about him the entire night, but when I woke up the next morning, the feeling wore off, and I was back to normal. Than I got thinking-why would I feel that way after the smoothie? Why did Peter act like me doing that would be a normal thing? Than the thought settled over me like a blanket. Did he POISON me into thinking I love him so he wouldn't have to tell me the truth? I got super mad. That little cheater is going to get what he deserves- a confrontation. And it's NOT going to be pretty.

—————————-

After avoiding him at school when I went home I texted him to meet me near the woods behind my house. He was confused but I told him to just do it. He met me there and realized how upset I was. His face turned ghost white and he looked down as he approached. "Look-at-me." I told him. He slowly raised his head. And just in time for my to slap his face. He looked shocked and started to tear up a bit. His check was turning red, but I didn't care. He deserved it.

"What gives you the right to poison me so you don't have to tell me the truth?!?" I asked him. I stared him down until he answered. "I-I-I came here to tell you the truth." He said quietly. I started to calm down a little bit and realized I went a little over the top. "Look, I'm sorry I hit you but this really isn't fair to me. And plus, where I grew up you had to be tough. But why'd you do it?" I said again. " because, I needed more time to think of how to say it and when and i couldn't do that when ever I look at you you're death staring me." "But do you realize that you forced me to do something? That's not cool." I was loosing my patience with him.

"That night- when they grabbed you, I wanted to try to rescue you, but they were super strong. I knew I didn't stand a chance. And after my experiences with those boys in school-I-I just panicked and ran away. And every day since then I've regretted what I've done. I am SO sorry, and I'll do anything to get you back and I promise I'll-"

He didn't have anytime to explain more because right then I kissed him. All I needed to know was the truth, and even though it killed him to say it and he needed to do way more for me to forgive him, he still did. I smiled at him and told him that was all he needed to say. He smiled as we went our separate ways and went home.