Chapter 11-Game Plan Part 1

Peter

In a way, I was really happy that Jade knew about Spiderman. But on the other hand, my dad means business, and I don't want her to get hurt. The next day at school I told Ned what happened and he literally yelled in the halls. "She's Spider girl?" Everyone turned to face him. "I mean, Spider Girl's awesome. Am I right?" He quietly laughed. Then everyone just went back to their business. "Dude, that's so cool. You've been fighting your girlfriend for weeks." He laughed again.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, now can we get back to the plan?" He snapped back to reality and we continued talking. My plan was to have Jade, Ava, and Ned come over to my house to discuss our options. But the hard part is breaking the news to Ava. She's basically Jade's best friend so she insisted she know. Jade said she has the reveal part covered, which worries me. I hope she isn't doing that here...

Jade

I grabbed Ava's wrist and dragged her to the girls bathroom on the west side of the school. No one uses that one, which was perfect for my reveal. "Where are we going?" Ava asked, her voice filled with confusion and annoyance. "Class is about to start." "Just come on." I replied.

I dragged her into the bathroom and prepared my "speech." I have to tell you something. But please don't freak out or tell anybody. But Ned already knows." She looked confused, but the annoyance was gone. "Okayyyyyy..." She said. I took a deep breath and went for it. "I'm Spider girl." Ava was quiet for a few moments, than she burst out laughing.

When my face remained blank she said, "oh, you're serious. Then prove it." She crossed her arms. I looked out the hall to make sure no one was watching, then walk towards the farthest wall. "Where are you go—" she didn't have time to finish because  once I reached the wall, I walked up it. I came right to her face and smiled.

"Told ya."

She was about to scream but I covered her mouth. "Shhhh." "This is awesome!" She whispered. I jumped down and her eyes glimmered. "But there's something else." Her expression fades a bit, wondering what else. "You know my enemy, Spiderman?" It felt weird saying it. "Yeah, that evil bozo that has the guts to stand up to you?"

She said, laughing. "Yeah, why?" I took another deep breath and said the two words that took her back farther than me being Spider Girl. "That's Peter." Her face went pale and then replaced with anger. "I always knew he was hiding something. I'm gonna punch him in his face and send him back to wherever he-" I laughed.

"We're cool now. It's his father that makes him do it. It's not his fault." She calmed down a bit. The bell for first period rang. "Keep quiet. Peter's house at 7." I walked out. I could feel her eyes burning my back in shock. I smiled. Now we're going somewhere.