-9

amora penelope salcedo

edited

"welcome to the Bahamas ladies and gentlemen... as the seat belt sign is now on please secure your seatbelts. also as we are coming to our decent, flight attendants will be coming around to pick up your trash." the audio com ends, and the flight attendants start come around with trash bags.

i look down at ian in my lap, he fell asleep while we were watching a movie.

i check to see if his seatbelt was on, which it was. i run my hand through his hair a couple of times, then leaving my hand on his shoulder.

after a few seconds ian grabs my hand and puts it back on his head. i laugh a little and continue to play with his hair. james looks at us from across the aisle giving us a thumbs up.

i quickly take out my phone to post it on my instagram story. i take a video out the window and then pan to james, he makes an ok sign with his hand. i end the video and post it on my instagram story.

--

we get off the plane one by one. through the tunnel you could feel the hot air around us.

"it's a sister scorcher..." james is filming himself on snapchat, then holding it up so you see ian and i. i hold up a peace sign and smile.

once we exit the airport, our uber is waiting outside. "hello, car for salcedo..." i give the driver a thumbs up, and he pops the trunk. ian lifts james, his, and i's luggage into the trunk.

because i'm the smallest i get stuck in the middle of james and ian. "so how long are you guys in andros?" the driver asks, pulling out and following the gps to our, what is called a bugalou, for the week.

"a week." i answer, he nods.

--

the uber pulls up to a dirt driveway, and stops. "this is where i let you out, the check-in is the first wooden hut on your right.... hope you have a great time." he unlocks the doors, and pops the trunk yet again.

"thank you so much." james gets out followed by me.

once our luggage is out of the car and the trunk is shut, the uber pulls away.

james leads the way once again to the check in. james is the only one that can check in since he is 18.

"we have a double under james." he leans on the front desk, the lady then clicks around on her computer.

"alright so you guys are on the left, in the coral reef suite... your rooms should be clean, and if you need anything else call down to the front desk." she smiles, passing us our room key for the week.

"thanks!" i wave as we walk out of the hut to go find our own.

"so james... you got a double? there's three of us you know." ian asks, acting like his brother is dumb.

"oh, i know." james has this devilish look on his face.

what was he doing...