Chapter 5 : Nine In The Morning

Brendon's POV

I open my front door and shout in.

"Hey mum, hey dad!"

"Hi Brendon. Go get your stuff ready for school then come down. Tea's on the table."

I run upstairs. I pack my books and stuff into my bag and stand my shitty acoustic guitar by the door. I grab a Green Day shirt out of my drawers and a pair of black skinnies and dump them by the window, before running back downstairs into the dining room.

As expected, a plate of Hawaiian pizza sits in front of the empty seat at the table. My parents look up from their pizzas as I approach the chair. I sit down and start to eat. The same as every other night, my parents are eating before me, and we all sit in silence while we eat. Mum and dad occasionally mutter the odd word to each other. All was normal until dad spoke up.

"Where have you been? You haven't been home much these past few days."

"Ugh, I've been hanging out at the music store down the road."

"Ok hun, we'd appreciate it if you told us where you're going in future."

"Ok mum."

"Have you been alone this entire time or have you actually got friends?"

"I've got friends dad! They live in the other side of town so I can't hang with them. I met this guy who works at the music store so I've been hanging out with him."

"Ok. How old is this 'guy?' Do we know him?"

"He's 18 mum. You don't know him."

"Oh."
We sit in silence the rest of the time we eat, and when I'm done I take my plate to the kitchen and run back upstairs.

I've never been all too close to my parents. I've always been bullied and never really had any friends. They always thought I was pretty odd; once I tried to befriend a lemon when I was little. Also, I never really enjoyed going to church every Sunday. I get the feeling that what happened with Ryan today wouldn't go down all that well with my Mormon parents.

I burst into my room and run to the bathroom. I wipe off my eyeliner and go back into my room. I strip off naked and get into bed. I'm so tired, that I drift straight to sleep.

~~~

I hear my alarm blaring out. I don't wanna get up. I hate school.

Despite this, I roll out of bed and throw on the clothes I set out yesterday. I enter my bathroom and apply a thin line of eyeliner around each eye and a layer of yellow eyeshadow to cover my lids. I spray my hair with hair spray and make it messy but keep my fringe. My parents hate that I wear makeup, have longish hair, and most of all, they hate the bands that are my life.

I grab my school bag and guitar and head down to get breakfast. I grab a bowl of Cheerios and sit at the table. I plug in my headphones and listen to blink-182 while I eat. Once I'm done, I dump the bowl in the sink and leave for school. It's only a short walk from my house. If you're wondering what my parents are doing, well they already left. They both leave for work before I wake up. To be honest, I could just skip school and they wouldn't know. But I don't. It's the only time I see the little friends I do have.

I arrive at the school gates. Time to face this hell they call school.

A/N : eyy 2 chapters in one day. As I said last chapter, I know this is short, but I promise the next chapter will be longer. The next chapter will be the school day. NO MORE HINTS. ENJOY!