twenty five | confess

^that's a boyfriend right there

CAI XUKUN

"So, question number 1, are you in a relationship?" I read the text from the paper out loud. 

I glanced at Zhengting and Ziyi, who didn't answer. I, then gasped. "Why aren't you guys answering me?" 

I swear, if they said that they're dating, I - 

Zhengting flicked my forehead. "Stupid, we're not dating anyone."

My hand flew to where he flicked and I pouted. "I was just asking, chill."

"Are you dating someone, then?" Ziyi asked me.

I stared at him for a moment. "Me?"

"Yeah, who else?"

"I'm not dating anyone. You know that." I said grinning, keeping my eyes on the paper.

Yet.

-

"We're still so young to be studying this!" Justin exclaimed while reading our answers.

"You're too young. I've already - " Yanjun told him.

"You guys have such dirty minds. The reason we're studying this is because there are a lot of teens who have unprotected sex and-" Zhangjing started to say but was cut off by Justin.

"Gege! I'm too young to have sex!" Justin yelled and everyone at the hall looked at him.

"Justin, oh my god." Zhengting scolded.

"I'll submit the answers to Mr. Huang." I said, taking all the papers from them. Ziyi helped me and we went back to the classroom. We gave the answers to our teacher and went back to the group.

"You know, I'm not giving up." Ziyi said, chuckling.

I turned to him. "What?"

"I'm not giving up." He repeated.

"On who? On Zhengting?" I wanted to roll my eyes. "Bro, are you serious? Of all people, why does it have to be him? You know that I-"

"I know that you like him, Xukun." He, then laughed. "Hell, you might even love him."

"That's not the point." I said. 

"Xukun, you know, just because I told you that we're better as best friends, I still like you." He confessed, his eyes trained on the floor.

I had a lump on my throat. 

"I know you hate me because I'm always with Zhengting." He said, chuckling.

"I'm not." I shrugged. "Fine. I am."

"Are you jealous?" His eyes met mine and we stared at each other for a few moments.

"You know how I feel." I told him.

"I do know. I know how you feel, Kun, and yet somehow, why do I still feel this way?" He said. His expression was to hard to read. "I know what I said before, I gave up on you because you're my friend. I like you and I know you like him. It hurt me, bro. When I became close to Zhengting, I didn't know what to feel at first. However, it's just infatuation. I know it. But his smile, bro. His smile. " 

The way he said those words made me feel some type of way.

"I know what you mean." I blushed at the thought of Zhengting.

"However, you and I had something, Kun. Maybe I was just the only one who felt it but, I felt something. The moment you woke up on my bed on the first day we talked, hell, that was the moment where I knew that I wanted to be with someone." He continued. "I still like you, Xukun. I honestly still do. I liked you for years, why would I give up now?"

"I-I'm sorry." I choked. My eyes suddenly were filled with tears. I looked up to stop myself from tearing up. 

I felt like a horrible person. 

My lips trembled, and my shoulders heaved with emotion, as Ziyi gave me a hug. "I-I'm really...sorry. Ziyi-"

"Hey, don't cry." He said, my face was buried onto his neck. "Xukun, come on. It's okay. I'm okay. As long as you're happy, I'm okay."

"I just don't want to hurt you, Ziyi. I'd hurt myself first if I did." 

You already did, Cai Xukun. You already hurt him.

-
an update bc we already reached 2k reads!! thank u guys ♡

btw, where are u guys from? I'm from the Philippines haha