Seven

- y/n point of view -

"Hey, so there's the talent show coming up and I think we should be a duo." Ayla excited asked me, clutching the straps of her bag as we walked the halls of hell. Surprisingly Finn wasn't in sight and neither was Camila...It was strange...

Too strange...

"Wait. Where are Finn and Camila?" I cautiously asked, staring around. All Ayla did was roll her eyes.

"Come on. We have to practise." She grabbed my arm and dragged me.

"But I have math class." I pulled my arm away from her.

"You can skip it this is more important. Now come on." She tried to grab my arm again but I refused. If she knew what my step-Dad would do to me if he found out that I was skipping classes...Just breathe y/n she'll never find out.

"No just stop Ayla. I can't skip class." I raised my voice a little. She just crossed her arms and stared at me weirdly.

"And why is that?"

"If my grades fall any lower than they are then I won't get into college and if I don't get into college I'll have to stay here and live with...nevermind. I can't skip classes. My future is too important." Nice Save y/n. Let's hope she bought all of that bullshit.

Ayla sighed and rolled her eyes, uncrossing her arms from her chest.

"Fine. After math class?" She smiled and I nodded since we were both free. Ayla had Geometry which was in the room right next to my math class so we waved at each other before setting foot into the classroom. The time was going by so slowly and I swear I almost fell asleep...A few times...My head hit the desk at one point and everyone stared at me...awkward...

I met Ayla outside of her lesson and we headed towards the music rooms.

"It's so nice to not have to worry about Finn and Camila." I smiled towards her as we opened the doors.

"What was that?" We heard a familiar voice. It was Finn and he had Ayla's guitar in his hands. She just rolled her eyes.
"How nice to see you again Ayla." He smirked at her before placing a cigarette in his mouth. Since when did he smoke?

"Finn give it back!" Ayla demanded .

"You know this loser?" Camila asked him, clearly jealous. Poor thing...

"Me and Ayla had a..." he paused eyeing her up and down "history" he smirked again. Ayla rolled her eyes once more and I just stared at her. She knew him all this time?

"Excuse me?" Camila placed her hands on her hips in a huff.

"Guess you can't believe that a loser like me had your sorry excuse of a man before you did." Ayla spoke up with confidence. Whoa whoa whoa...I'm friends with Finn's ex girlfriend?

"I'm more of a man than Jack is." He coldly stated.

"Oh really? Is that why you cheated on me with that waitress? What was her name?" She placed her finger to her chin. "Beverly?" She smirked at him and he gulped.

"What?" Camila erupted, stomping her foot on the floor.
"You told me that Beverly chick was your cousin." She yelled at him.

"Oops. Did I say too much?" Ayla spoke and fake smiled at Finn.
"Guess you shouldn't mess with a loser." She coldly spoke before flipping her hair and storming out of the room. I awkwardly stood there for a while listening to Camila blab on about how perfect she is and how lucky Finn was to be dating the most popular girl in school before I could actually get passed my awkwardness and leave as well.