13 | imagine

JONAH MARAIS

It was a week before my 21st birthday and I was still seeing black and white.

It was a thing in this day and age. You saw the world in black and white until the day you found your soulmate, then the world would turn colourful. And poor old me had still not found hers.

I would leave my house at 6am walking around town until early hours of the morning just hoping to bump into them but my luck never struck.

My mother had always told me "Love will come to you when you least expect it". So I would go out excepting nothing but would still receive nothing.

I had finally given up and locked myself in. I would talk to no one except for family and close friends until today.

Today was the 1st of October which meant my annual trip to the library. I usually went every first day of a new month. I'd take back the books I read that month and replace them with others.

So today thats what I did but something unexpected happened.

I met a boy. A very interesting boy. He was sat by the fantasy section of the library flipping through the book 'Harry Potter'.

Classic I said to myself.

Not realising I said it out loud, he looked at me chuckling.

"You don't like it?" he asks quietly.

"I've read it too many times. I've lost count" I say walking closer to where he sat.

"The fault in our stars" He says pointing to the John Green book that sat in my hand.

"Yep. My favourite" I say smiling.

"One of mine too" he says replying.

"So what brings you here?" he asks.

"to read" I say sarcastically, we where in a library after all.

"of course" he says chuckling.

"Y/N" I say introducing myself.

"Jonah" he replied.

And thats when everything changed.

I looked down at my hands to see my coloured nails.

I saw the blue cover of the book and my red shoes.

I look up at Jonah as he looks at me shocked.

His eyes were a beautiful shade of brown.

"you see it too don't you?" he asks standing up facing me.

"I.."I try to say I do but I somehow can't form my words, a sob escapes my throat as I jump into his arms.

"its you" I say tears flowing down my cheeks.

"Its me" He says a tear escaping his eye and a huge smile covering his face.

And this was the story of the day my world changed to colour and I met the love of my life .